hydraulic couplers

/ hydraulic couplers #1  

Kennebago

I have seen modified hydraulic couplers - or perhaps they should be called coupler grips that can be used to make it easier to disconnect and reconnect hydraulic couplers it tight quarters - like the rear hydraulics at the side of the cab - These were very clever - sort of a curved grip, that made it easier to hold the coupler and release the ball retention ring at the same time.

Now that I am ready to buy several sets I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone here know what I am talking about?? Can you point me to a supplier?

Thanks

/ hydraulic couplers #2  
There are couplers where the sleeves either push or pull.

I suppose you could put a 45 degree fitting at the coupler.

/ hydraulic couplers #3  
hard to keep up with your posting from place to place...as stated, there are push-pull double action couplers that are the cat's meow...S40, and also push-pull couplers that you can attach under pressure, S70. They have to be mounted, either on a bulkhead or in a clamp.

see attached

Attachments

• s40-series push on hydraulic coupler.pdf
    766.9 KB · Views: 179
  • s70-series push on under pressure hydraulic coupler.pdf
    444.3 KB · Views: 175
   / hydraulic couplers #4  
I just replaced the hydraulic pump on my splitter & the return (suction) side has a 3/4" "BARB SLIP ON" STUB. I want to attach a filter to this side & the filter has a female 3/4" NPT connection. Any suggestions on a coupler for convertion?
Thanks,
Mark

/ hydraulic couplers #5  
I have always heard that installing a filter on the suction side of a pump is a bad idea. One that a lot of us have, but when the filter gets dirty, the pump cavitates, which burns the pump up...
Serious thought before installing one would be my suggestion. (or talk to some of the hydraulic geru's here)
David from jax

/ hydraulic couplers #6  
Sure would like to hear from a Guru, J.J.?
Thanks

/ hydraulic couplers #7  
On a log splitter, just put the return filter with gage before the tank. Nothing on the suction side unless you have a tank strainer which is OK.

/ hydraulic couplers #8  
Thank you kindly Sir. Much appreciated.
Have a great weekend.
Mark