Takeuchi T130

/ Takeuchi T130 #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
I have been using a Takeuchi 130 skid steer for a few days now cleaning up trees that were knocked down by the last storm and it seems to have a problem with the hydraulics. It does not do this all the time but sometimes while operating the machine the 4 in one bucket will open up all by itself when you back up the machine. It becomes a real pain when you pick up a load of brush or a log and start to back up and the bucket opens and everything falls out. To me it seems like there is some kind of short in the joystick control but it may be more to it than that. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this happening before.

/ Takeuchi T130 #2  
Could be in the joystick. Is the back up wire in that bundle?

I could understand a solenoid valve sticking in one position, but to operate in a particular mode such as backing up, I would suspect the back up wire is crossing the bucket open solenoid wire.

You will need to get a wiring diagram and check the wire bundle.

Put a volt meter on the 4-N-1 solenoids, and select back up, then check the solenoids and see if if it has voltage . Can you select back up and lock the transmission.

Wiggle the wires bundle or whatever and see if you can duplicate the problem.

You could trace out the back up wire and isolate and insulate the back up wire to prevent this.

/ Takeuchi T130
Could be in the joystick. Is the back up wire in that bundle?

I could understand a solenoid valve sticking in one position, but to operate in a particular mode such as backing up, I would suspect the back up wire is crossing the bucket open solenoid wire.

You will need to get a wiring diagram and check the wire bundle.

Put a volt meter on the 4-N-1 solenoids, and select back up, then check the solenoids and see if if it has voltage . Can you select back up and lock the transmission.

Wiggle the wires bundle or whatever and see if you can duplicate the problem.

You could trace out the back up wire and isolate and insulate the back up wire to prevent this.

Well I don't know but the left hand joy stick controls forward/rev/left and right travel. The left stick also has two buttons that control the Aux hydraulics...4 in 1 bucket opening/closing in this case. There is also a pedal in the floor that controls these actions also but I never use the pedals.

The right hand stick controls the boom up/down as well as bucket curl dump/load.

/ Takeuchi T130 #4  
I don't know how much wire tracing you have done, but I have and they make a wire tracer that connects to the 12v and transmit a signal along the wire. It really helps to follow a wire and trouble shoot the problem. It can pick up the signal where you can not see but be able to put the probe close enough.

Like I said before, I would put the selection to back-up and wiggle the wire bundle until the bucket opened by it self.

Be safe and don't let that thing run over you.

If nothing can be found, separate the back-up wire from the bundle and keep it separate. it.