power beyond to return

/ power beyond to return #1  

Chesley Webstract

Tractor
kabota L3010
I have a kabota L3010, and I have a log splitter with an open center control valve that has a pressure rating of 2900 psi max. and 2200 psi min.. To add an auxiliary hydraulic connection to my tractor, can I just add a tee on the PB outlet (connected to the inlet on the splitter) and a tee on the return to tank line so I can operate this log splitter.

/ power beyond to return #2  
No tees allowed in an open center system, unless you know how to add a selector valve.

The log splitter return should go to tank, and can be teed into another return line.

Some log splitter valves have PB and can be installed in series. The return /tank OUT should still go to tank.

/ power beyond to return #3  
Your best bet is to add a remote valve, for T-N-T, log splitter, hyd flail, etc. New valve should have PB.

Some people have run a line from the hyd block to a QD on the back, and another QD to the 3pt, then plug in the log splitter. If you remove the log splitter, you will need to jumper the two QD's together.

/ power beyond to return #4  
...can I just add a tee on the PB outlet ...and a tee on the return to tank line
Like J_J said... No and Yes... You can not Tee the pressure side because the fluid with take the path of least resistant to return to the tank, neither line would have power. The return line can be teed since it's lower pressure and just return fluid back to the tank.

You have to hook it up one after another where one valve will use the power, when it's not using it the flow continues to the next valve on down the system.

/ power beyond to return
Hey J.J. and Teg, Thanks for your help. I like the PB to a selector valve. Any suggestions for a good valve and hoses..:newhere:

/ power beyond to return #6  
How are you going to use the valve?

How many spools?

Do you need joystick valve?

How many GPM's?

/ power beyond to return
I was going to install the inlet of the selector valve to the PB from the front end loader. The 1st outlet on the selector would go to the 3 pt. lift control which is already connected directly to the PB. The second outlet from the selector would go to the wood splitter which has a joy stick and is as described above. All returns would go to tank. Hope I've got this right.

/ power beyond to return #9  
Chesley Webstract; said:
I was going to install the inlet of the selector valve to the PB from the front end loader. The 1st outlet on the selector would go to the 3 pt. lift control which is already connected directly to the PB. The second outlet from the selector would go to the wood splitter which has a joy stick and is as described above. All returns would go to tank. Hope I've got this right.

The routing of the hyd flow should be like this.

From FEL PB, to the IN port of the two spool valve.

From PB of the two spool valve to 3pt IN. OUT port of the two spool valve to tank.

You could put 4 QD's on the new valve, and plug the log splitter in to say spool 1 work ports. Then bungee the lever for spool 1 to on.

Now the log splitter valve will operate the log splitter.

You could also run the hose from the log splitter OUT to tank .

With the new valve in neutral, you now can use the 3pt.