BX22 Boom Cylinder Hydraulic leak

/ BX22 Boom Cylinder Hydraulic leak #1  

rlw

Silver Member
Tractor
BX22
I was digging footers for a workshop I'm building today when all of a sudden hydraulic fluid started spraying. Thought I had a split hose, but upon closer inspection fluid was leaking from the right angle fitting that screws into the boom cylinder. I took it apart and put new thread sealer on the fitting and tried it again - still leaked. I took it apart again and replaced the fitting with a new one and it still leaked. I haven't taken it apart a 3rd time yet to inspect the threads on the cylinder, but I'm guessing they are the culprit. When the failure happened, I was under load and fluid was spraying out, not just leaking (like a loose fitting). The way it was spraying, I thought a hydraulic line burst/split.
Has anyone experienced a similar failure on a hydraulic cylinder?

/ BX22 Boom Cylinder Hydraulic leak #2  
Why not take it to your dealer and let them deal with it. You should be well within warranty.... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX22 Boom Cylinder Hydraulic leak
I'm sure I will take it to the dealer. I was trying to get it fixed on my own Sunday afternoon so that I could finish the footers and be ready to pour concrete on Tuesday and beat the forecasted rain. Looks like my schedule has to slide a few days.