Single acting cylinders ?

/ Single acting cylinders ? #1  

Bigboyskioti

Silver Member
I'm pretty sure this has been covered. I searched and searched but couldn't find my answer.
I'm putting a Meyers Snowplow on my Kioti. In the past I had a smaller blade mounted up front. On that blade I fabricated most everything. I used 2 D.A. cylinders one for up down the other for angle. Running through the loader joystick. Ran this for 2 years. The blade is just too short. So heres my question. Can I just use the right left lines to the S.A. cylinders? My understanding of this setup is the pressure will go through the relief valve on the oppissite side of which I am angling the plow. Is this safe? Any long term side effects on the relief? Thanks for the input!

/ Single acting cylinders ? #2  
are you trying to connect 2 sa cy;s in place of 1 da, using 1 dual spool?

/ Single acting cylinders ?
are you trying to connect 2 sa cy;s in place of 1 da, using 1 dual spool?

Not sure what a dual spool is.... I'm wanting to know if I can hook up the line for the curl on the loader to one SA cylinder & the dump on the loader to another SA cylinder to angle the snowplow... Guess I'll be going to google now to see what a dual spool valve is....

/ Single acting cylinders ? #4  
A dual spool valve will simply control two separate flow paths.

Single spool, one path.

Three spool valve , three paths, etc.

/ Single acting cylinders ? #5  
Yes, connecting it like that should work just fine:thumbsup:

The way you have your two SA cylinders hooked up is almost the same as a single DA cylinder, except the SA cylinders have equal volumes.:thumbsup:

When you angle the plow, it will force the fliud out of the other cylinder. Just like when using a function on your loader, it forces fluid out of the other side of the cylinder and back to the talk. You are just taking THAT volume of fluid and using it in a seperate cylinder, if that makes sense.

But....You may want to think about using a crossover valve. Because if you are angled and catch something with the leading edge of the blade, it tries really hard to collapse that cylinder. And there is no relief for it unless you add the crossover. Without it, it isnt hard to blow lines off the cylinders

/ Single acting cylinders ? #6  
A dual spool valve will simply control two separate flow paths.

Single spool, one path.

Three spool valve , three paths, etc.

I believe he was referring to 1 dual acting spool (4-way) as opposed to 1 single acting spool (3-way).

/ Single acting cylinders ? #7  
I'm pretty sure this has been covered. I searched and searched but couldn't find my answer.
I'm putting a Meyers Snowplow on my Kioti. In the past I had a smaller blade mounted up front. On that blade I fabricated most everything. I used 2 D.A. cylinders one for up down the other for angle. Running through the loader joystick. Ran this for 2 years. The blade is just too short. So heres my question. Can I just use the right left lines to the S.A. cylinders? My understanding of this setup is the pressure will go through the relief valve on the oppissite side of which I am angling the plow. Is this safe? Any long term side effects on the relief? Thanks for the input!

That's what I do, works great.

Someone in another thread mentioned that it's better than just one DA cylinder, because the plow is better suported, backed by cylinders on each side ??

JB

Attachments

• DSC01126.jpg
    DSC01126.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 232
   / Single acting cylinders ?
Thanks for all the respones... I thought It would work, just wanted to make sure.I'm going to try it. I've just about waited to long to set this up. It's going to knock some time off on fabrication to use the Singles. Thanks again.