Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Tractor
    Ford 2600

    Default Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    I just got a Ford 3600, well I purchased the property and it was left. I need to do some bush hogging, but need to add some hydraulic fluid before I start. I can't get in touch with the former owner to ask, so I have come here.

    Can anyone direct me to where to do this? I do not know the exact year, I am sorry.

    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Horses4Me; 01-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Gold Member CTPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    280
    Location
    NW CT

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    Quote Originally Posted by Horses4Me View Post
    I just got a Ford 3600, well I purchased the property and it was left. I need to do some bush hogging, but need to add some hydraulic fluid before I start. I can't get in touch with the former owner to ask, so I have come here.

    Can anyone direct me to where to do this? I do not know the exact year, I am sorry.

    Thanks!!!
    Look for a large plug on top of the axle housing to the right of and a little behind the seat.
    Ford 2600, Ford 4100, Ford 3550, IH 560, IH 460U, 1949 Case VAC, 1951 Case VAC, assorted Gravely L Models, Gravely C10, Gravely 524, Gravely 5460...


  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Tractor
    Ford 2600

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    Quote Originally Posted by CTPhil View Post
    Look for a large plug on top of the axle housing to the right of and a little behind the seat.

    THANK YOU!!!!!! I was looking right at it the whole time

    Have a happy new year!

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Tractor
    Ford 2600

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    By the way how much fluid does it take? Is there a certain type, I should look for?

  5. #5
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,758
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    use utf fluid meeting the M2c134 spec.

    rear axle and hyds are a shared sump.

    tranny is it's own sump.

    there is a hyd filter under the running board as well that should be serviced.

    if this is a loader tractor, it is possible the loader has it's own sump and a front pump.. etc.

    I believe the 3600 still uses a plug in the left rear side of the axle trumpet as a level check plug. I know the 4xxx's have it in a different place.. IE.. on the side in/near the round housing.. etc..

    soundguy

  6. #6
    Veteran Member whodat526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,529
    Location
    deridder louisiana
    Tractor
    fords

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    use utf fluid meeting the M2c134 spec.

    rear axle and hyds are a shared sump.

    tranny is it's own sump.

    there is a hyd filter under the running board as well that should be serviced.

    if this is a loader tractor, it is possible the loader has it's own sump and a front pump.. etc.

    I believe the 3600 still uses a plug in the left rear side of the axle trumpet as a level check plug. I know the 4xxx's have it in a different place.. IE.. on the side in/near the round housing.. etc..

    soundguy
    nope the level plug is on the right side when sitting on the tractor above the running board in the rear diff

  7. #7
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,758
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    so it's set up like a 4600 then...

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Tractor
    Ford 2600

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    Thank you everyone...if the tank is dry how much does it take 5 gallons?

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    80
    Location
    maryland
    Tractor
    kubota g2460 Kubota L4330

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    Just unscrew the square end plug on the right side and fill until you see it coming out and put plug back in.

  10. #10
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,758
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

    if it truly was dry.. I'd think the pump is toast, and rear end / diffy / axle / bearings / pto pearing and seal are very, VERY unhappy...

    soundguy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ford Hydraulic Fluid
    By Don in LA in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM
  2. 300 hr hydraulic fluid change
    By CentralNC in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 05:14 AM
  3. ford 3550 backhoe hydraulic fluid
    By tnthavens in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
  4. Ford 555 TLB hydraulic fluid
    By Pops15 in forum Oil, Fuel & Lubricants
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM
  5. BX24 leaking hydraulic fluid from rear cover
    By Just2quickz28 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.