Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #1  

Horses4Me

Tractor
Ford 2600
I just got a Ford 3600, well I purchased the property and it was left. I need to do some bush hogging, but need to add some hydraulic fluid before I start. I can't get in touch with the former owner to ask, so I have come here.

Can anyone direct me to where to do this? I do not know the exact year, I am sorry.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
   / Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #2  
I just got a Ford 3600, well I purchased the property and it was left. I need to do some bush hogging, but need to add some hydraulic fluid before I start. I can't get in touch with the former owner to ask, so I have come here.

Can anyone direct me to where to do this? I do not know the exact year, I am sorry.

Thanks!!!

Look for a large plug on top of the axle housing to the right of and a little behind the seat.

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600??
Look for a large plug on top of the axle housing to the right of and a little behind the seat.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I was looking right at it the whole time :)

Have a happy new year!:thumbsup:

By the way how much fluid does it take? Is there a certain type, I should look for?

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #5  
use utf fluid meeting the M2c134 spec.

rear axle and hyds are a shared sump.

tranny is it's own sump.

there is a hyd filter under the running board as well that should be serviced.

if this is a loader tractor, it is possible the loader has it's own sump and a front pump.. etc.

I believe the 3600 still uses a plug in the left rear side of the axle trumpet as a level check plug. I know the 4xxx's have it in a different place.. IE.. on the side in/near the round housing.. etc..

soundguy

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #6  
use utf fluid meeting the M2c134 spec.

rear axle and hyds are a shared sump.

tranny is it's own sump.

there is a hyd filter under the running board as well that should be serviced.

if this is a loader tractor, it is possible the loader has it's own sump and a front pump.. etc.

I believe the 3600 still uses a plug in the left rear side of the axle trumpet as a level check plug. I know the 4xxx's have it in a different place.. IE.. on the side in/near the round housing.. etc..

soundguy

nope the level plug is on the right side when sitting on the tractor above the running board in the rear diff

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #7  
so it's set up like a 4600 then...

Thank you everyone...if the tank is dry how much does it take 5 gallons?

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #9  
Just unscrew the square end plug on the right side and fill until you see it coming out and put plug back in.

/ Where to add hydraulic fluid on Ford 3600?? #10  
if it truly was dry.. I'd think the pump is toast, and rear end / diffy / axle / bearings / pto pearing and seal are very, VERY unhappy...

soundguy