How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #51  
   / How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #52  
Interesting read!!!!

I recently purchased a Kubota of my own, a sub compact BX-2670. It came with a standard loader valve, and 3-point hitch. I can see myself adding remote outlets at some point. A hydraulic top link on the 3-point being the first I might want.

I take it the hydraulic fittings on the tractor are not metric? I assumed they would be, and that would be the hardest part to overcome. That and where to tie in the extra valving.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor
I take it the hydraulic fittings on the tractor are not metric? I assumed they would be, and that would be the hardest part to overcome. That and where to tie in the extra valving.

The hydraulic top link, and side link, are certainly a useful addition. I won't have another tractor without them!

The hydraulic fittings are all standardized types, so once you figure out which type of fitting, and what size you have, it's very easy to find the right fittings.

The extra space required for the valve would probably be the biggest challenge to overcome :D

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #54  
Old thread,,but I truly enjoyed all the info here....
Thank you Piston, JJ and all the rest that contributed,,
a wealth of information here.:thumbsup::)

I'm glad it was helpful! I actually find myself going back to this thread when I have questions about my own setup, such as what size fittings I used where, what type of thread, and what type of quick connects I use. I have since put a LOT of use on my hydraulics, and I can't imagine having a tractor with no rear remotes, or a grapple. It is by far the best modification I could have done.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #56  
Piston, just read through this thread, nice work. Kudos on the grapple thread as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Happy, I'm glad it was helpful!

Are you adding hydraulics to your tractor? There are a couple things I may have done differently if I were to do it all over, nothing major though.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #58  
Not at the moment, have enough for the time being, it was an interesting read though, well done. Same on the grapple. Noticed you have an LT15, we've got one that I've yet to use, looking forward to it though.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #59  
Haven't seen anything from you in a while Mr. Piston. About a year ago you were doing a tree job that I never saw the results of.
Anyway I have kept this thread on the remotes to refer back for a long time. sooner or later I will get the job done.

Smilinjak

Happy,
You'll love that LT15 if you have a front end loader grapple, or even forks would make a world of difference. Did you buy it new? Do you have any extensions for it? I've been thinking of buying another extension or two for longer timbers. I really would like to build one but finding the time always seems to be the issue. What part of MA are you from? I live in Upton.

Smilinjak,
I go in phases, I rotate between tractors, motorcycles, and boats. I was on a motorcycle kick for a while and staying off the forum. I got my fix after a week long trip in Moab, UT riding off road. Seemed to cure me for a while so I'm back on tractors again :laughing: Not to mention, nothing can convince you to spend more money that TBN! Everytime I check this forum I find something else I need to buy :laughing:

I think the tree job your referring to was this one???
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/256846-having-few-trees-dropped-today.html

I still have those logs staged and ready to be milled. I've been slacking on milling and working in the woods since having my first son a couple years ago, then we just had our second 2 weeks ago so it will be some time still. :D