How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #61  
Thanks for the link, as always your thread was very interesting. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. Looking forward to your log milling thread. I don't intend to mill any but I like your presentations.

Smilinjak

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #62  
Happy,
You'll love that LT15 if you have a front end loader grapple, or even forks would make a world of difference. Did you buy it new? Do you have any extensions for it? I've been thinking of buying another extension or two for longer timbers. I really would like to build one but finding the time always seems to be the issue. What part of MA are you from? I live in Upton.

Smilinjak,
I go in phases, I rotate between tractors, motorcycles, and boats. I was on a motorcycle kick for a while and staying off the forum. I got my fix after a week long trip in Moab, UT riding off road. Seemed to cure me for a while so I'm back on tractors again :laughing: Not to mention, nothing can convince you to spend more money that TBN! Everytime I check this forum I find something else I need to buy :laughing:

I think the tree job your referring to was this one???
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/256846-having-few-trees-dropped-today.html

I still have those logs staged and ready to be milled. I've been slacking on milling and working in the woods since having my first son a couple years ago, then we just had our second 2 weeks ago so it will be some time still. :D

It's new, we have forks on our 3930, no grapple yet. I'm looking forward to running some timber through it.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #63  
i know this is an older thread, but I am posting for future reference. Excellent job Piston!

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor
Thanks for the note and bumping it to the top. I forgot I posted this.

My tractor (L4610) is a pretty rare breed as they only made this model for 2 years. However, many L series tractors share the same (as in identical) hydraulics so it's pertinent to many more kubotas than just the 4610. In fact, Kubota is still using the same loader with new model numbers and slightly fancier curves.

I hope this thread has helped a few people, I'd be embarrassed to tell you how much time I had put into posting this (probably more than the project itself). :)

The combination of 3rd function valve on the FEL for the grapple, and the 4 rear remotes have made my tractor many more times as capable and efficient as it was without. My only regret is that I didn't add another spool to my rear remotes. I now have top and tilt that takes up two remotes, and then a heavy duty rear blade which has 3 hydraulic functions, so at this point I'm one spool short of being able to use all functions.

I should really add another spool valve to get the most out of it.

Good luck with your projects!

Last edited:
   / How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #65  
Piston
Thank you for the read very informative in the process of having a loader built by coldwater with a 3 spool valve 2 for the loader 1 to switch between a grapple and a trim on a box blade.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor
Glad you liked it Void. It's hard for me to believe I did this project almost 6 years ago! Glad it's still coming in handy.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #67  
Hope y'all don't mind the necrobump. I have a tractor with no FEL, currently trying to educate myself on what it will take to have a hydraulic source for a fel and whether or not it would be worthwhile to add a connection point for hydraulic 3ph implements. Glad I found this!

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #68  
If you're looking for help or suggestions here you need to tell us more about you tractor.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #69  
I have a few threads about my tractor. I'm just commenting on how useful this thread is, letting @Piston know it's appreciated, and bumping it for others who may like to see it.

/ How I added rear remote hydraulics to my tractor #70  
HERE GOES NOTHING-----I HAVE A 2011 KIOTI DS4110--NO REAR HYDRAULICS. I WANT TO ADD SAME. THIS THREAD IS A HELP--THANKS PISTON. WHEN I LOOK AT VALVES ON LINE IT SEEMS LIKE THEY NEVER SAY IF THE VALVE HAS A DETENT OR FLOAT OR WHATEVER. I CAN PULL WRENCHES BUT NEVER GOT INTO HYD'S EXCEPT TO GET COVERED WITH OIL FROM TIME TO TIME. I'M THINKING MOSTLY TO USE FOR TOP AND SIDE LINK. ALSO THINK TWO VALVES, ONE WITH DETENT AND THE OTHER WITH FLOAT. ANY IDEA ON COST--ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT. THANKS.