Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350 #1  

biblebound

Tractor
Kubota L2350
Today, I purchased a CountyLine 3-point hitch log splitter from Tractor Supply (made by SpeeCo). The splitter utilizes the hydraulic system of the tractor. The problem is, the manual and instructions have zero about specifically setting it up to your tractor. I have done some research and it appears this is a little more sophisticated than I expected. I have a Kubota L2350. Someone told me to located the PBY or "power beyond port", but I can't seem to find one.

Anyone have any experience setting up a log splitter to a tractor like mine?

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350
btw, let me add, I have no front-end loader on this tractor.

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350 #3  
Do you have a parts manual or service manual ?

I do have a parts list, pdf file.

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350 #6  
Great! Go to hydraulic oil line and you can see where it goes to the 3pt. Then look at the hydraulic cylinder, there you can see option hyd.block. that is used to get into the hyd system. It might be NLA and if it is you can make one or get one made. Go back to hyd oil line and that round cover is what you have to make with 2 more holes in it and it might not have to be round. The hardest part making it is the oring groves have to cut in on the back side. That plate has a grove cut into it that ties the 2 holes together. After this is done then it's real easy from there.

I really appreciate your time/help.

Is there no other way without fabricating something? I was told to look for the PBY "power beyond port", do you know anything about this?

When looking at the diagrams, as I recall, I don't think I have the "option block" (#210 - #250) as cited in the hydraulic cylinder diagram. Also, I'm not sure where it (the option block) would be (isn't this directly under the seat with the 3-point lowering speed knob)? Today, I noticed a 1/2" plug to the lower left of the 3-point lowering speed knob and assumed this was either a return or discharge port for hydraulics.

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350 #8  
If you can't get the option hyd.block, there might be another way, if you don't have power steering. You well still have to order #150 - 200 ( Hyd.Cyl. )if they can be ordered. I'm not for sure even if you can hook on there because the flow might not be good enough.
I don't know how many GPM your tractor has. When you use the tractor for a log splitter it well be slow, just keep that in mind.
The power beyond port (as I know) is part of a control valve, but some people call the rear remote couplers power beyond and you don't have any yet. That is what you are going to put on for your splitter.
If you can't get the "option block" (#210 - #250) I don't see any other way without doing some fabricating.

Thanks for your help LeeJohn. I think my best option is to go with a pto hydro pump and tank so the splitter is stand alone, faster, etc. That will solve everything.

/ Setting up a Log Splitter with my Kubota L2350 #10  
I think I would also. I tried my splitter on one of my tractors and it was to slow, It was a L3130, now I run it by a pto shaft to a hyd pump and its just right. I made it in 1980 and still going strong and it well work on any tractor.