Newbie hydraulic question...

/ Newbie hydraulic question... #1  

EGo_SmAsH

Bronze Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERES
I have a 3pt log splitter on my Kioti CK20, I think my hydraulic pump is rated at 7.5 gpm. I run the splitter off my rear remotes and it works great I've split about 20 cords or more with it in the last 2 years. I've noticed that the lines from the splitter are noticably bigger than the ones on my loader...I think they are 1/2" (not sure). If I replaced the lines with smaller diameter hoses would I be able to split faster? I bought this Wallenstein splitter used and I know the previous owner replaced the origional lines with longer ones as he ran it off the loader valve. thanks

/ Newbie hydraulic question...
   / Newbie hydraulic question... #4  
Thanks J_J, I wasn't sure, it splits fast enough as it is but when I have help we find ourselves waiting occasionally.

but you still have all your fingers. I personally like mine to operate a bit slower. After 5 hours of splitting, i would be leery of a rapid moving knife.....

but you still have all your fingers. I personally like mine to operate a bit slower. After 5 hours of splitting, i would be leery of a rapid moving knife.....

Very true, I'd like to lower the rpm needed to make it usable. Right now I run it to at least 2000rpm to get it fast enough....

/ Newbie hydraulic question... #6  
The only way for faster cycle is more flow (gpm) or a smaller diameter cylinder, which would fill faster, but you would then have less force.

/ Newbie hydraulic question... #7  
His rated rpm is 2800, and he is running his tractor at 2000 rpm.

That means that he is only pumping about 5.35 GPM.

If he wants more speed, he should run the tractor at 2800 rpm.

Are you wanting fast or slow?

Might look into one of these regen valves, looks like I have some reading to do.

/ Newbie hydraulic question... #10  
The LSR 3060 is the prince regen valve, but is limited to about 4 GPM flow rate.

It will take the 4 GPM and make it about 25 GPM.

• Hydraulically balanced, hard chrome plated spool
• Handle can be installed in “up” or “down” position
• Extend flows of up to 25 GPM with inlet flows of 4 GPM
• Relief valve adjustable up to 3500 PSI
• Tandem center spool
• Manual shift from high speed mode to high force mode
• Spring center 4 position spool with soft stop
• Pressure release detent on retract

http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/products/valves/catalog/ValvesLsRd25.pdf