help with eaton 2 spool

/ help with eaton 2 spool #1  

vtmbz

Tractor
b7100
I replaced my old 2 spool valve with a new eaton 31922. It works fine but squeals when not in operation. This is a KB 7100 tractor . To operate the loader you pull a lever under the seat back. WHen I do that, I hear a squeal. In lift or curl, no squeal. Eaton says this is an open center valve, so what have I missed? Thanks

/ help with eaton 2 spool #2  
Your hyd system is open center, which valve did you replace? The FEL valve.

/ help with eaton 2 spool #3  
Please explain further. What valve under the seat?

/ help with eaton 2 spool
There is a switch valve under the seat that directs the hydraulic to the 3pt hitch in one position and to the fel valve mounted on the fender in the other position.

In addition to this valve, there is a lever with three positions:
With switch valve directed to the 3pt hitch, you pull the lever full back to lift, center to hold, and forward to drop. To operate the fel, the lever is in the full back position.

Now: after install a new spool valve (eaton 31922), when the lever is in the full back position and the flow is to the FEL, with the FEL at rest, there is a squeal. Operating the lift or curl eliminates the squeal, but at rest the only way to eliminate the squeal is to disengage the lever; in other words I dont seem to be getting flow through my new valve. Since the lift and curl work, I am stumped.

/ help with eaton 2 spool #5  
First question is, which ports are plumbed to what? If you getting a squeal something changed, first place to start looking is what you did last. I.e. changing the valve caused the squeal, where the ports in different locations? Is this valve setup for open center? Does this valve have power beyond?

I am going to try and attach a spec sheet for reference. This was taken from Eaton website.

Reading through the literature this shipped as "Closed Center" valve. The power beyond is an option.

Attachments

• E-VLDI-MC006-E.pdf
    793.1 KB · Views: 264
Thanks for the spec sheet: I got that myself before purchasing the valve. It does say that this is an open center valve, with an optional plug to make closed center, if I am reading it correctly.

I must have the work ports more or less right because the FEL works.

But I am doing something wrong, because I dont get any flow back. The supply and return are marked IN and OUT, and I have them so that the out line dumps into the reservoir, in this case thats the gearbox.

With the old valve, I could open the fill plug cap on the hydraulic and see fluid running, and now I dont.

I installed the PBY plug myself-- if this were the wrong plug would that be the problem? :confused2:

/ help with eaton 2 spool #7  
With your tractor running, the fluid is gong somewhere. I you installed the wrong PB plug, the fluid is just flowing to tank via the 3pt. is there any fluid coming out the PB hose?

Show us a picture of the outlet end of the valve .

I have the B-9200, and the switch allows me to run a remote valve at the back, and use the 3pt. The fluid path is pump, to hyd block, to remote, back to hyd block, to 3pt, to tank

What is the PB hose connected to.

The squeal is probably the relief dumping fluid.

Your hose connections might be wrong.

kubota valve.jpg

I dont know is this is how to upload a photo, but if so, this is my valve as it is installed. The port facing the tire is marked BYD I have a plug in it. It hose marked OUT is visible; the other end of it is by the gearshift lever and goes to the site of the fill plug.

/ help with eaton 2 spool #9  
If you have a plug in the PB port, that is an open center plug, so all the flow is going out the OUT or return port.

A PB plug separates the end chamber so the cyl fluid only goes to the tank port, and the pump fluid pass through the FEL valve for downstream operations, like a remote or the 3pt.

/ help with eaton 2 spool #10  
This is the way I think your path should be.

Your pump flow is going to the hyd block, so the out of the hyd block should go to the FEL, and after you install the correct PB adapter, run a hose from the PB port to the valve block. The fluid from the valve block will then go to the 3pt, and then to tank.

The return /OUT of the FEL should go to tank.

You probably need to set the FEL relief to about 50 to 100 below the pump max pressure.

This is a sleeve type PB adapter. The other PB adapter is a hex screw.

If that is an PB adapter in the end of the valve, and you put a plug in it, then you made the valve a closed center valve. If so remove that plug and connect a hose from the PB adapter to the valve block.

That would also block the fluid and cause the relief to dump/squeal, and build up heat if it stays that way. And yes, when you use the FEL, the used fluid is going to the out port, and the squealing stops while you are using the FEL.

Use air to check out the flow through all the valves.

What you have said and done is all logical, but not necessarily right.

Attachments

• PB sleeve.jpg
    PB sleeve.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited: