Help with Loader Valve IH 2400 and Cross SBA22

/ Help with Loader Valve IH 2400 and Cross SBA22 #11  
Post 2 last picture.

Three balls item 7 is probably the detent balls for that spool.

/ Help with Loader Valve IH 2400 and Cross SBA22
Post 2 last picture.

One reference says the cross SBA22 "does not feature float" but I thought I read somewhere you can change something for that, or maybe it said you need an extra kit, OR maybe it just is not float capable period. I don't think float has helped me on my previous tractors for anything ( on the 3 pt.). Are you saying the IH 2400 has float and the SBA22 does not? Is that why you are talking about detent balls? The two leaking plugs on top (upside down in the diagrams) are load checks?

Last edited:
Post 2 last picture.

You mean 1st post, last picture. That is one diagram for the original IH loader valve (1 valve of 2) I've never had the section with the 3 balls apart. There are other diagrams for that valve which show other stuff on that valve assembly. I used that one because it shows the top plugs (upside down) that were leaking and had bad seals missing parts. In first post 3rd pic/diagram it is parts 8 thru 14 and was missing 8,9,13 and 14. Seals 10 and 12 were broken or distorted and probably just junk PVC rubber faucet o rings someone put in. Won't know til the right seals and retainers get here but I bet seal 12 is not just an o ring and I think seal 10 is an O ring but of good quality like viton or something. On the other valve (spool??), first post, pic/diagram 4, they are the same parts but 18-24. That valve (spool??) also has the same problems. I ordered X 2 to replace the seals and retainers in both. I did not order the spring and plug for each that were also missing (8 and 9 / 18 and 19). That would have been another 120.00 and the loader apparently worked without those parts and the whole new SBA22 valve assembly only cost a little more than that.

Here is a better picture of my original valve assembly after it was taken off the tractor.

Attachments

• 100_0295=2.jpg
    100_0295=2.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 282
   / Help with Loader Valve IH 2400 and Cross SBA22 #15  
Yep, it appears someone was trying to raise the bucket and keep it up using the ball valve. He was trying to make things work until he couldn't.

Ok here is the main pdf file for the Cross SBA22 I bought that I could not upload earlier because it was too big. I rigged the file by eventually converting it to jpeg and then reduced the files size so I could upload. Hope it comes out OK. On my pic viewer I had to zoom about 20X but surprising the readibility was about as good as the original pdf, which wasn't that great.

update: on my pc, clicking on the thumbnail brings up a web page and when you hover over the image it gives you a magnifer and one click gives the right size. I also clicked 150% manification of the web page. I'll try to post a new pic of what some may think as the most critical daigrams since they are hard to read. They were also hard to read on the original file.

Attachments

• Cross valve Installation and Application.jpg
    Cross valve Installation and Application.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 166
better pic of "spool options" diagrams page from the Cross valve manual

Attachments

• Cross valve user manual.Page1.jpeg
    Cross valve user manual.Page1.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 597
Yep, it appears someone was trying to raise the bucket and keep it up using the ball valve. He was trying to make things work until he couldn't.

maybe if it works and doesn't leak after I replace the seals but does initially drop when moving the lever I may splurge for the 120.00 to get the other 4 parts. (spring and poppet for both plugs)
Does that sound good?

If so, I would rather use the old valve if it is usable because it matches the tractor and leave the new one "new in the box" to sell or use on something else.

/ Help with Loader Valve IH 2400 and Cross SBA22 #19  
I believe I would invest money in a mew valve.

I believe I would invest money in a mew valve.

Other than the one I bought? I paid 165.00 for the new valve (129.00 plus tax and shipping) on ebay. Those valves are about always 280.00 plus tax and shipping on ebay and 400-450 at supply stores. You don't think the cross valve would work?