HTL suggestions for m7040?

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #1  

4105deere

Tractor
JD 4105
Already starting to look at hyd top link for m7040.Tractor should be here by noon. Best suggestions?

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #2  
I am guessing this is a BIG tractor. CAT II 3PT hitch. I would check the owner's manual and see if it specs the minimum and maximum length for the top link. If not, take measurements from the actual top link.

For my JD 6415 the owner's manual states 20.9" to 28.5". Surplus Center has Swivel Ball End Cylinders with 1" pin holes. Correct size for CAT II. I plan to use a 3" bore cylinder. A 10" stroke will cover 18.25" to 28.25". A 12" stroke will cover 20.25" to 32.25" I am leaning towards the 12" stroke, thinking a little longer will be than a little shorter.

They use SAE 8 ports which I prefer over NPT.

They do not have POCVs which I do not need since my SCVs have built in checks.

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #3  
Already starting to look at hyd top link for m7040.Tractor should be here by noon. Best suggestions?

3" dia cylinder with a working length of 20"-30" cat 1-2. cat 1 end at the tractor and cat2 at the implement end.----------------------------$225

Hose kit with 3/8" hoses, 36" long with 1/2" male AG quick connect ends. -------------------------------------------------------------------$40

Hydraulic flow restrictor, this allows for precision adjustments to be made much easier. -----------------------------------------------------$10

shipping costs ??

If you are going to be doing much grading, you may want to consider a hydraulic side link also. ;)

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #4  
I am guessing this is a BIG tractor. CAT II 3PT hitch. I would check the owner's manual and see if it specs the minimum and maximum length for the top link. If not, take measurements from the actual top link.

For my JD 6415 the owner's manual states 20.9" to 28.5". Surplus Center has Swivel Ball End Cylinders with 1" pin holes. Correct size for CAT II. I plan to use a 3" bore cylinder. A 10" stroke will cover 18.25" to 28.25". A 12" stroke will cover 20.25" to 32.25" I am leaning towards the 12" stroke, thinking a little longer will be than a little shorter.

They use SAE 8 ports which I prefer over NPT.

They do not have POCVs which I do not need since my SCVs have built in checks.

With the top link being longer than OEM, you may have transport problems. As in not being able to lift the tail end of the implement up high enough to clear rough terrain or loading onto a trailer. Always something to think about. Also be sure that the link that you get clears the mount on the tractor when it is installed. You don't want anything binding up.

/ HTL suggestions for m7040?
Tractor has arrived but also raining. Will check asap on oem specs. Dealer mech said scv has built in checks. And may get hyd side link as suggested.

Measuring oem top link ie 20"-almost 30". If I get a htl the same, how will that cause a problem by being longer? Maybe Mtn view has an answer.

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #7  
Measuring oem top link ie 20"-almost 30". If I get a htl the same, how will that cause a problem by being longer? Maybe Mtn view has an answer.

If you can find one that starts out at 20" & extends out further than 30", go for it. No harm done, it's just may experience that if you want a 12" stroke, you are going to be looking at a working length of 22"-34" and IMO 22" is to long of a retracted length for your M7040.

Just my :2cents:

Mtnviewranch I understand what u mean now. I'll try hooking up tomorrow at shortest setting to confirm there are no issues. I'm thinking 20"-30". If that works its fine with me.

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #9  
With the top link being longer than OEM, you may have transport problems. As in not being able to lift the tail end of the implement up high enough to clear rough terrain or loading onto a trailer. Always something to think about. Also be sure that the link that you get clears the mount on the tractor when it is installed. You don't want anything binding up.

It would only be longer at full extention. Retracted it would be .65" shorter than retracted length of factory top link.
The 10" stroke cylinder would be 2.65" shorter (fully retracted) than my factory top link fully retracted. I worry it would be possible to retract too much with this extra 2.65" and pull something into the tractor causing damage. Hence my reason for using a 12" stroke cylinder. :confused:

/ HTL suggestions for m7040? #10  
It would only be longer at full extention. Retracted it would be .65" shorter than retracted length of factory top link.
The 10" stroke cylinder would be 2.65" shorter (fully retracted) than my factory top link fully retracted. I worry it would be possible to retract too much with this extra 2.65" and pull something into the tractor causing damage. Hence my reason for using a 12" stroke cylinder. :confused:

Zebrafive, Do you have a link to the hydraulic that you want to use? The 20"-30" top link that I am talking about is built for the Kubota M7040. Your tractor is different, You only have a single hole to mount to. The M series have 3 holes to choose from. The top link mount on the tractor is completely different than yours. Where you can probably get away with the Surplus cylinder, 4105deere may very well have a problem with it.