hydraulic seal replacement

/ hydraulic seal replacement #1  

tractorboys2

i got a seal kit for a dump cylinder that leaks. are these things easy to work on.bill

/ hydraulic seal replacement #2  
Easy is a relative term.....many variables of design, age, conditions of the equipment along with considerations of available tools / abilities can make a huge difference between easy and hard.
Pictures would help make some judgement on the issue.

/ hydraulic seal replacement
Easy is a relative term.....many variables of design, age, conditions of the equipment along with considerations of available tools / abilities can make a huge difference between easy and hard.
Pictures would help make some judgement on the issue.

ok heres a pic. dont thik i will get to for a few weeks.b

Attachments

• dump cylinder.jpg
    dump cylinder.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 238
   / hydraulic seal replacement #5  
Those are pretty straight-froward......look to see if there is a rust ring where the seal sits when travelling down the road.....it's common for a ring to form from grit getting under the wiper and wearing it out (then you need a hyd rod made up)

If that chrome rod is good then you're good to go, just yank, disassemble, polish, clean, lubricate and reassemble

be carefull not to ding the rod with hammers when removing upper crosshead..:confused2:

got the seals changed out .just takes alittle patients.no more leaks. bill

this is what it looks like inside.bill

Attachments

• dump cylinder inerds.jpg
    dump cylinder inerds.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 146
   / hydraulic seal replacement #9  
this is what it looks like inside.bill

A pair of small (width of vise) aluminum angles work great to clamp in vise.....I use 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 6" long........it allows you to crank on the vise without doing any damage....