Using JD 4120 rear remotes for Grapple

/ Using JD 4120 rear remotes for Grapple #1  

whitedogone

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4120
Well I finally got around to finishing the plumbing of our Wildkat 48" econo grapple that we got late last year. I didn't want to go to the expense or trouble of an elec/over hydro setup. But I didn't want to drape lines up and over fenders either. I got all my lines/fittings from Discount Hydro. It ran about $220. I borrowed a portable fitting press from a buddy.

Coming out of the rear remotes, I switched everthing down to 1/4" lines and fittings:
IMGP6285.JPG

Although I rarely got without the loader on, I wanted the option of a quick disconnect if needed. So, I made a bulkead fitting mount that I connected to the loader mount with some SS hose clamps.
IMGP6287.JPG

I continued up the loader in similar fashion as Deere did on the other side. I fashioned a bracket same as the deere one on the other side at the top because Deere wanted over $30 for the same thing:
IMGP6288.JPG

I fabricated another bulkhead out the loader arm so it would be a quick deal to hook up to the grapple and get to work. I had to adapt back up to the Wildkat supplied 1/2 fittings here. It's kinda bulky, so I may change to 1/4 lines on the front end as well.
IMGP6289.JPG

/ Using JD 4120 rear remotes for Grapple
I did have some issues with getting it to work correctly, After a few hours diagnosing what the problem was, it was found that 2 of the 1/4" Discount QC fittings were not letting fluid thru. I replaced them and everything is fine now.

IMGP6290.JPG

IMGP6294.JPG