Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025

/ Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #1  

LlanoLonghorn

Tractor
Mahindra 4025
I have a Mahindra 4025 with a FEL. My question is how do I hook up a TSC 3-Point Hitch Log Splitter. I have never done anything with hydraulics before.

/ Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #2  
What do you have for hyd now?

Do you have a PB port on the FEL valve?

If so, then you could run a hose from the PB to a QD in the rear, and another QD would go to the 3pt. Plug the log splitter into those QD's.

When the log splitter is not connected, just plug the two QD together to complete the hyd flow path.

If you have remotes, just plug into the remotes.

/ Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #3  
I have a Mahindra 4025 with a FEL. My question is how do I hook up a TSC 3-Point Hitch Log Splitter. I have never done anything with hydraulics before.

i use my fel quick connects to run my split fire splitter. i disconnect the loader lift up/down hoses and connect the splitter hoses up to these qc. i bungie the loader valve in the up position to supply flow to the splitter. (you may have to switch the splitter hoses around to determine which hose goes where) (both tractor and splitter have open center hydrolics= MAKE SURE YOURS DOES) the hydrolic fluid flows from the tractor pump through the loader valve to the splitter valve and back to the tractor again. the splitter is fed this way and only runs when you operate the splitter valve. i have run mine for about a year like this and have done around 200 face cord and have run it up to 8 hours a day. check to see if your tractor has a hydrolic cooler.

i am sure J J is far more knowledgeable then me, so his set up he described above in this thread is probably best. i just found the way i described more simple for me to hook up and has worked so far with no problems.

here is the notes from TSC 3ph splitter about hydrolic setup.

STEP 9: IMPORTANT: The tractor must be able to handle Category I or Category II three-point hitch implements and be equipped with a
four-way valve (for double-acting cylinders) and hydraulic outlets.
The tractor owner痴 manual should be consulted for instructions on tractor operation, safety and auxiliary hydraulic systems
pumping and return flow hookups.
Determine the easiest position to lock the tractor痴 valve lever in the operating position. Then locate the pressure and return
ports with the valve locked in this position. Connect the hoses from the tractor to the log splitter with the flow from the pressure
port entering on the 的N side of the valve. The return flow to the tractor should come from the 徹UT side.
After connecting the hoses to the valve, the system should be energized by moving the tractor auxiliary valve in the direction to
cause oil flow. Tie in place. Oil should flow in only one direction through the hydraulic valve. If the tractor auxiliary valve is
moved to the wrong position, the log splitter relief valve will not operate and damage to the tractor system or log splitter could
result.
The tractor hydraulic system should be capable of delivering 6 to 25 gpm of oil at 1500 to 2500 psi for adequate splitting force
and speed. The tractor should have a cooling system to allow semi-continuous operation.
NOTE: Hoses to the tractor are not included. Specifications of the hoses and fittings supplied by the owner should be within
recommended ranges of the tractor operating pressure.
STEP 10:Using the tractor three-point hitch, raise the log splitter to a convenient height and level with the top link. The log splitter may be operated in either
the horizontal or vertical position. See illustration on page 9.
STEP 11: A closed spool kit is included in the hardware/hydraulic kit for converting open center valves to closed center. Instructions are
included in the kit.
Page

/ Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025
Thanks for the fast reply Guys,
Since I really don't know anything about this stuff, I took these pictures that may help. The hose marked in RED and the one marked in GREEN on the valve, picture #1, terminate as shown in picture #2 and #3. Not sure which one is pressure and which one is return.
Picture #4 the blue dot line goes back up to the pump. But also it shows some plugs in the valve are these something I can use for the log splitter.
The log splitter has its own control valve so all I need is a supply and a return quick disconnect setup. But I don't know how or where to add the lines. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 730
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 824
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 733
   / Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #5  
Either way is OK.

You will need some long hoses with QD 's on each end

If you want to use the curl UP circuit on the FEL, just add QD's to the valve and hoses, that will match up to the log splitter, then it is a simple process to unplug the curl cyl and plug in the log splitter hoses.

Then bungee the FEL valve curl UP position to open.

The valve is marked such as IN, OUT, PB, Work port A and B.

It appears you are using PB to route fluid to the back.

Did you mark the hoses, or is there a color code in your manual.

J-J, I put the color dots on the hoses just in the pictures.

/ Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #7  
Last edited:
J.J.
These are the markings on the valve body.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,036
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 453
I found this drawing of my FEL control valve. Since the Power Beyond Port is being used can I still somehow just add two QD's lines permanent to the rear to plug the Splitter into? If so how and what would they connect to?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,528
   / Help with Log Splitter install on Mahindra 4025 #10  
That picture tells all .

If you want permanent connections then I would install a remote valve, and plug the log spitter into the remote.

Least expensive, and semi-permanent would be like I said earlier. Install bulkhead bracket and connect a male QD and a female QD to it.

Remove the PB hose from the side of the tractor and connect it to the male QD on the bulkhead bracket.

Make a new hose and attach it to the female QD on the bulkhead bracket and the other end of the hose would go to where you removed the original PB hose from the side of the tractor.

To use log splitter, plug the splitter into the QD's on the rear bulkhead and split some wood.

When you remove the log splitter, make a short hose with male and female QD's and connect the bulkhead QD's together, and that will complete the hyd flow path to the 3pt.

Second solution and more safe, is to replace the log splitter valve with a log splitter valve with PB, and connect the log splitter PB out to the 3pt fitting and run the tank line to tank.