Need Help on Hydraulic Issue

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #1  

KOLBRNR

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 5740 HSTC
Hi Folks I am have an issue getting a diverter valve to work on my LA853 FEL.
I have a Kubota L5030 HSTC and I am trying to install a diverter valve for the curl/dump circuit to operate a power angle blade left and right.
The guy who is hooking it up has been working hydraulics for 24 years. The valve is solenoid operated from a button on the joystick.
The problem is this. When I pull the switch on the joystick the blade will angle left when I move the lever to curl position. This is correct. Now when I move the lever to the dump position the system locks up. I can hear the fluid going over the relief valve and the engine drops 200 rpm. If I switch the hoses the blade will go right when I move the lever to the curl position.
It seams as if the valve will only allow flow in one direction when diverted. We changed the valve and had the same result. I thought about one quick disconnect not opening properly and acting as a check valve but cant seam to gt it to work.

How can fluid only go in one direction to tank.
Has anyone had a similar trouble?

Russ

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #2  
Got a photo or make/model number of the valve?

Bruce

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #3  
Are you perhaps using the regen on the curl circuit.

There are one way solenoid diverter valve and two way solenoid diverter valves.

Single selector/diverter solenoid valve

Surplus Center - SAE 12 15 GPM 12 VDC HYDRA FORCE SELECTOR VALVE

Double selector/diverter valve. This one is or is similar to the solenoid valve used in grapple circuits.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE

If you used something similar to the double selector valve, and used DA cyl, then the solenoid is simply selecting which cyl is getting the curl fluid.

How about showing some pictures of what you have and how you connected things.

A hand drawn schematic would also work.

I have a single DA cyl on my dozer blade, and it works fine.

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue
diverter002.jpg

diverter001.jpg

diverter003.jpg

Do these help?
A1 pressure goes to A2 then T's off B1 goes to B2 then T's off. These run the curl dump by going straight through the valve.
When diverted A1 goes out the top to A3 and B1 goes out the top to B3.
The feed lines come from the lines on the FEL that cross from one side to the other that used to run the curl dump circuit. Only one fitting is used and the other one capped on each line.
Sounds simple but it only works in one direction. To the curl side.

Russ

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #5  
My guess - It is related to regen as JJ (the REAL expert) said. If you set up the angle cylinder the same way as the curl/dump cyls you will be fine, I bet. This means you need to T and use both ports of the angle cylinders. So T opposite ends together - farthest port on the right cyl with closest port on the left cyl, and vice versa.

BTW your other side is not capped, it is crossed-over. I can see the short hose at the back of the angle cylinders.

Maybe there is a way to bypass the regen on your loader stick (another position?) Hopefully JJ will be back along to give you the full scoop....

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #6  
My guess - It is related to regen as JJ (the REAL expert) said. If you set up the angle cylinder the same way as the curl/dump cyls you will be fine, I bet. This means you need to T and use both ports of the angle cylinders. So T opposite ends together - farthest port on the right cyl with closest port on the left cyl, and vice versa.

BTW your other side is not capped, it is crossed-over. I can see the short hose at the back of the angle cylinders.

Maybe there is a way to bypass the regen on your loader stick (another position?) Hopefully JJ will be back along to give you the full scoop....
So, maybe youre just pushing the lever too far toward dump. If you just push it a little you wont hit the regen. Regen is internal to the valve. No extra plumbing needed - just dont operate the lever so far.
larry

My guess -

What I meant was capped is the line on the loader. The blade is Teed to opposite ends of the cylinders.
I must say I really don't understand about the regen. If it can move to the left I don't understand how it can't move to the right. It's like something is hydro-locked.

Russ

/ Need Help on Hydraulic Issue #8  
Because regen applies pressure to both side of the cyl(s). They extend weakly[but fast] because the piston side has more area. Try holding the diverter switched and move the lever slowly toward dump.
larry

OK I can try that in the morning. 9:15pm here now. What has been happening is. when I move the lever to curl with the trigger pulled the blade goes left. However when I move the lever to dump it's like the blade kind of moves slightly to the right and then the tractor engine drops 200 rpm as the fluid goes across the relief valve. It could be that the blade only moves to the right due to the pressure coming off that side. Then when I move it to curl it will go left again with no trouble.
Why would the curl dump valve act differently from one movement to the other?
Why would this regen thing not happen when I move the lever to curl? It's the same valve on the loader so why act different?

Oh by the way JJ i will be passing through your neck of the woods in 2 weeks.
Going on a cruise out of Miami then going up to Waycross Georgia to visit my brother then back to Jacksonville to catch a flight home.

I hear it's hot already there.

Russ