ford backhoe attachment

/ ford backhoe attachment #1  

jhd69

Tractor
1968 ford 3400
i have a 1968 ford 3400 with loader and a 10 foot model 750 backhoe attachment. Does anyone know the correct part numbers for the backhoe hyd cylinder seal kits? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

/ ford backhoe attachment #2  
i have a 1968 ford 3400 with loader and a 10 foot model 750 backhoe attachment. Does anyone know the correct part numbers for the backhoe hyd cylinder seal kits? Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

which cylinder

/ ford backhoe attachment
it would be handy to have part numbers for all of the cylinders on the 750 hoe but the one i really need is the crowd cylinder. it appears the packing is blown on crowd retract. dumps to tank when load is applied in that direction. sorry i should have said that in earlier post. thanks for any help

/ ford backhoe attachment #4  
it would be handy to have part numbers for all of the cylinders on the 750 hoe but the one i really need is the crowd cylinder. it appears the packing is blown on crowd retract. dumps to tank when load is applied in that direction. sorry i should have said that in earlier post. thanks for any help

the newholland website has a break down of all the cylinders and kits for that backhoe

thanks whodat. i went to newhollands website and with a little help from my wife we found the info you spoke of.will order seals today. If all goes well i should be digging holes in the earth in a week or two. Once again i thank you very much. that part number is fd309945 if anyone else needs it

/ ford backhoe attachment #6  
grab a saervice and parts and owners amnual too.

very good tools to have.!!!

Your right about that soundguy. I will order those manuals also.I know that ignorance can be very expensive altho I sometimes forget. Thanks for the reminder

/ ford backhoe attachment #8  
if nothing else, the pictures and part numbers are very usefull!!

well the cylinder seal kit arrived today. any tips on getting the rod back into the cylinder without hurting the new packing. the problem area on other cylinders i have repacked has been where the piston passes over the hole where the nipple was welded on to accept the hyd hose. seems like they don't champher the rim of the hole leaving it sharp when the cyl is made. i have tried using a piece of .020 shimstock to bridge the hole and smear plenty of vasoline petro jelly all over the packing and then twist the shaft cw as i force it in. its extra tight because of the shimstock,but with a lot of effort it will go in [ hopefully] does anyone know a better way to do this? I'm going to do this job in the morning. wish me luck .