Busted

/ Busted #1  

hr3

Veteran Member
Tractor
7610 hst
Well now what guys,, what should my course of action be to fix it and what do you think caused it,, I was doing some very light duty work at about 2g rpm ???:confused:

Attachments

• DSC05798.jpg
    DSC05798.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC05799.jpg
    DSC05799.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC05800.jpg
    DSC05800.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 257
   / Busted #2  
Looks like the snap ring that holds the gland in popped loose? If so, I'd get a new snap ring and figure out how to clean up the groove it sits in and just put it back together.

/ Busted #3  
take it apart, clean it, put new snap ring on it, hook it back up and forget about it. Hydraulic cylinders pop out once in a while. It is a rare occasion, but I have seen this before. Even screwed in ones.

/ Busted
Do I have to take the whole thing out or can I do this with the cylinder in place ??

/ Busted #5  
You may be able to get it back together by cracking both lines and just removing the pin on the rod end, so you can push everything back into the barrel. You may be able to reuse that snap ring if you are in dire straights to use the hoe today (until you find a new one). I would try to get the groove as clean as possible, and sand or file the crusty ring off the side of that snap ring and make sure it has a sharp edge. I can see the crusty ring where moisture / crud has sat in the end of that barrel.

/ Busted
Well took it apart tonight and found a ridge where the retaining ring popped out .. Tryed to find a new one today with no luck .. I'll put the old one back in tommrow night " left it in my truck at work" :mad:

Do you think I should go ahead and order a new cylinder anyway,,??

Attachments

• DSC05805.jpg
    DSC05805.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 161
   / Busted #8  
hr3 said:
Well took it apart tonight and found a ridge where the retaining ring popped out .. Tryed to find a new one today with no luck .. I'll put the old one back in tommrow night " left it in my truck at work" :mad:

Do you think I should go ahead and order a new cylinder anyway,,??

You really need a new ring. You might try flipping the old one over for temporary use but do get a new ring.

/ Busted #9  
Well now what guys,, what should my course of action be to fix it and what do you think caused it,, I was doing some very light duty work at about 2g rpm ???:confused:

Everybody has given you good advice but I have a question.

I'll be :eek: when you tell me but that is the way we learn!

I am not familliar with the term "g" except with Gravity as in 1g, 2g, ect?

/ Busted #10  
Naw... I wouldn't get a new hydraulic cylinder for that, it is still in a good shape yet and lots of life left in it. You do need a new ring, but if in a pinch, i'd put the old one upside down in it, like rsewill already mentioned.