double-action 3-point hydraulic

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic #1  

valere161

Tractor
bcs 735
Hello,
Which tractors are featured with double-action 3-point hydraulic?
The few tractors I worked with were only raising the implement. When the hydraulic is lowered, the force that push the implement toward the ground is limited to its own weight.
What if I need to transfer tractor weight to the implement for some work?
Thanks,
JD

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic #2  
Hello,
Which tractors are featured with double-action 3-point hydraulic?
The few tractors I worked with were only raising the implement. When the hydraulic is lowered, the force that push the implement toward the ground is limited to its own weight.
What if I need to transfer tractor weight to the implement for some work?
Thanks,
JD

Very few have 3PH downforce.

What are you wanting it for? Whats the application?

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic
For example, I have a 5' offset disc harrow adjusted and modified to use as a hiller. I want to get a more agressive effect.

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic #4  
For example, I have a 5' offset disc harrow adjusted and modified to use as a hiller. I want to get a more agressive effect.

can you add weight to the harrow framework?

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic #5  
It can be done, requires a modification of the top mounting bracket and suitable attachment points on the implement to be pushed down. I have a working unit on my L4350 and it is very handy for what I use it for. Currently I am working on another adaptation of the same principal on my B7800. I have the brackets but just don't have the time right now. :(

/ double-action 3-point hydraulic #6  
Downforce was one of the benefits of the Farmall fast hitch that we had on my Dad's 200 back when I was a boy. The 3 pt has become almost universal but there were things that the fast hitch did better. I remember Dad disking with that tractor and pushing the disk down hard enough to raise the rear tires off the ground! He'd back off a bit on the drawbar downforce and proceed to chew up some ground!

Frank