John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help

/ John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help #1  

WHW2821

Tractor
Balarus 250as + John deere 990 w/t FEL
Hello everyone,

I need a bit of help installing my W.R. Long 3rd function valve kit on my 990. I have the 430 model loader on my tractor and need some assistance in identifying the PB port on my loader valve.

I think I should connect the Long provided P line to the connection in the picture titled rear most banjo.jpg it has 3/4 on the bolt head. The Long provided T line will connect at the other end of previously mentioned banjo fitting steel line once it is removed. The other picture is I believe the return line to the hydraulic reservoir. Does this sound correct or am I missing something critical here?

Attachments

• Rear most banjo.jpg
    Rear most banjo.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Return I think.jpg
    Return I think.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 926
  • MP33646________UN10FEB04.gif
    MP33646________UN10FEB04.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,046
   / John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help #2  
hello i have a jd990 with a pb it was instaled by the dealer i printed out your pictures went and traced my lines my female quicktach is conected to the oppasite side of the 3/4 bolt under the tractor my mail quicktach is connected to that left bolt that you can just about see in your picture.

/ John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help #3  
you should be basically installing your solenoid valve in the existing pb line between your loader valve and rear functions valve. you can trace it this way pump to loader valve inlt, loader valve pb [otlt] to solenoid valve pr, solenoid valve tnk to rear function inlet. if your plumbed this way these instructions are good. it's hard to tell what is what in your pictures. this is how they are normally plumbed.

/ John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help
hello i have a jd990 with a pb it was instaled by the dealer i printed out your pictures went and traced my lines my female quicktach is conected to the oppasite side of the 3/4 bolt under the tractor my mail quicktach is connected to that left bolt that you can just about see in your picture.

Sal64,

Thanks for the help I think what you looked at on your 990 is exactly the information that I need. I am a little fuzzy on what connectors you are referring to. I have attached two pictures labeled Pport and Tport and I have circled the connections that I think you are referring to. If these are correct then I think that is all the information that I need. The P line from the WR long kit will connect to the banjo fitting under the bottom of the loader valve denoted in the picture Pport. Then I will finish removing that steel line, and connect the WR long T line into the reservoir or chassis of the tractor where the other end of the steel line was.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• P port.jpg
    P port.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 740
  • Tport.jpg
    Tport.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 841
   / John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help #5  
Sal64,

Thanks for the help I think what you looked at on your 990 is exactly the information that I need. I am a little fuzzy on what connectors you are referring to. I have attached two pictures labeled Pport and Tport and I have circled the connections that I think you are referring to. If these are correct then I think that is all the information that I need. The P line from the WR long kit will connect to the banjo fitting under the bottom of the loader valve denoted in the picture Pport. Then I will finish removing that steel line, and connect the WR long T line into the reservoir or chassis of the tractor where the other end of the steel line was.

:thumbsup:

that it t port to mail quicktach p port to femail quicktack then naturaly they are connected together to make the loop i have a backhoe on mine so i also have a dump to bypass the 3ph.

Thanks Sal as soon as I get a chance to work on it this weekend I will post an update with pictures of how it went. My grapple does not come in until next week so I wont be able to test it until next weekend.

Well I got it all installed and the hydraulic hoses jump when I click the switch up or down. My loader up/down and dump/curl still works along with my 3 point hitch so I guess I picked the correct port on my loader valve. Thanks to Sal64!:eek:

Here are a few pictures I will upload the most important ones later, "Pport and Tport connections for valve" once I get a chance to weld the bulk head plate to the loader frame. I am also going to fabricate a bolt on plate to protect the elec/hydraulic valve. It is higher than my front axle but it will be my luck that a stick will hit it just right. My grapple should come in mid week so I should be able to wrap it up next weekend.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• WR Long valve.jpg
    WR Long valve.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 2,569
  • Loader quick connect.jpg
    Loader quick connect.jpg
    882.7 KB · Views: 2,273
  • 12vdc.jpg
    12vdc.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 1,146
  • Switch joystick.jpg
    Switch joystick.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 2,620
Here she is with the grapple installed! I am super happy every thing worked as it should and this should save me a ton of back breaking work!

Attachments

• NAI Grapple.jpg
    NAI Grapple.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 1,030
   / John Deere 990 3rd Function Valve install help #9  
Any info on where to get the components to connect your grapple to the factory system....??? And details on ???
I am looking at a similar project.
How is it all working?