International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe #1  

npmjim

Tractor
IH 3414
I just purchased this tractor a week ago and I have gotten around to playing with it. The backhoe seems very weak and has a tendancy to be very jerky when going up down with the boom. I have checked the fluid level and everything seems fine. I did notice a foamyness to the hydraulic fluid after using it for a while trying to stretch its legs and loosen things up since it had sat for 3 years. Any thoughts? Would it be OK to run without the Hydraulic filter in the tank?

Thanks

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe #2  
Do not run with out a filter. Perhaps you have already done so.

You appear to have air in the system. Look for a suction leak.

The fluid probably needs changing.

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe #3  
With the foam you do have an air problem. When the oil is allowed to settle down how is the color and consistency?

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe
How do you bleed the air out of the system if I have air in it? I let the tractor rest with all cylinders closed last night hoping that any air would rise out into the tank. I know this won;t probably do much, but worth a try last night..

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe #5  
If the fluid is not clear over night or in a couple of days, check for a suction leak.

As you cycle the cylinders, the air will purge itself by the pumping action of the cyl.

/ International 3414 With loader and backhoe weak backhoe #6  
Is there a filter under the right foot step? Check the cover, they often get dented and will suck air but not leak! Learned the hard way, lost a lot of shop time chasing valves and cylinders, oops, forgot their cost as well.