Hitch Control Question-John Deere 3203

/ Hitch Control Question-John Deere 3203 #1  

Emperor

Tractor
John Deere 3203
Rockshift Control Question-John Deere 3203-Updated

Members,

The rockshift control lever on my John Deere 3203 is very hard to move. It seems as if there is some resistance that has occurred over time. When I first got the tractor that rockshift control lever could be moved with my pinkie. Now I am having to push/pull it hard and I can notice the strain on the arm and the parts.

Is there a way to lubricate it or adjust it so that is works smoother?

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Hitch Control Question-John Deere 3203
Any one got anything on this?

/ Hitch Control Question-John Deere 3203 #3  
If you remove the handle you will find a friction nut that tightens on some disks.

You will need a 10 MM wrench to remove the two bolts that hold the handle in place(#10), and a 15 MM wrench (I think) to tighten the friction nut(#9). Remember that the rock shaft lever will have to max out all the way up before "loosening occurs." Should set it all the way up before starting.

I had the opposite problem. Mine was falling all the way down all the time. Had to tighten it, but just a hair. The first time it was too tight.

Good luck!

Attachments

• handle.gif
    handle.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 520
   / Hitch Control Question-John Deere 3203 #4  
The lever on my 2520 would get that way after I pressure wash the tractor, or if it was out in a heavy rain, & I just spray the linkage with a dry film lube I bought from my JD dealer & all is well until the next time the lube is "washed out".