3rd function on a Terramite T5C

/ 3rd function on a Terramite T5C #1  

waite

Tractor
Terramite T5C
I want to install a Vickers Solenoid valve part #9-6136 from Surplus Center. to operate a single cylinder on a front end grapple I built for my Terramite T5C. Does anyone know if this valve can be installed in the supply line from the rear bachoe stack power beyond outlet that presently feeds the front end loader valve,so that the new valve takes the supply line then feeds into the front end loader valve. Or should the new valve have it's own supply and return separate from the front end loader valve.

/ 3rd function on a Terramite T5C #2  
You can install that valve anywhere after the first valve with relief within the series circuit, because it is a pass through valve.

This valve, when activated, will take just about all the pump flow for the amount of time to extend or retract the cyl. The only downstream fluid available during this time is cyl expended fluid. Pressure could be low or high, depending on the load the cyl has to move.

You will need a DO3 subplate Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Drawing/DR9-5883-2.pdf

Although this is a 2 station subplate, you get the idea. You have a pressure port, and work ports. The tank port will feed the next valve in series.

You will not have any feather action, and it will be fast. You could install flow control valves to slow the grapple.

If you are going to use it on a front grapple, find a place after the FEL valve.

If you have a BH, this could also operate a thumb.

What I don't know, is where the pump flow goes first, in the series flow, to BH, or FEL valve.

Last edited:
   / 3rd function on a Terramite T5C
Thanks for the response J.J. I have the sub base you sent a link for. On my 2004 Terramite T5C which has a front end loader and a fixed backhoe, the pump feeds 7 GPM to the BH valve stack first then a line comes from the power beyond outlet on that stack to the FEL valve, then a return line goes from the valve back to the reservoir. There is no power beyond availability on the FEL valve. Is it feasable to put the grapple valve in the FEL return line with the flow controllers you mentioned and would you have a link for those. How do the flow controllers work.

waite

/ 3rd function on a Terramite T5C #4  
Since the pump fluid flows through the BH valve first, The BH valve will serve as the tractor primary relief valve, Both reliefs should be set the same. You can install it anywhere after the first valve.

Even 7 GPM might be fast for a grapple, so I would use 1/4 in hose and a flow control valve.

A flow control works by limiting the amount of flow. Be careful here and don't ever close off the valve completely. Open valve all the way before installing and when the engine is running and you are using the grapple, then adjust the flow control to suit your needs.

0 - 5 GPM

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7960-4&catname=hydraulic

0 - 8 GPM

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7960-6&catname=hydraulic

You could also use a diverter valve in the curl circuit of the FEL valve. That way, the joystick leaver can provide some feather action when you use the grapple..