B6000 Kubota front PTO

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #1  

boxer246

Tractor
Kubota B6000
I am trying to install an old Brantly FEL on my Kubota B6000, it was originally installed on a Iseki or something. I think the internal Hyd pump on the tractor is not up to the task for the FEL, so I wanted to try and install the external Hyd pump that was originally used for this loader. It was mounted on the front somehow, and driven directly off the front end of the crank.

Ideally I'd like to mount it the same way on the B6000, somehow adapting a shaft mounted to the front crank pulley, possibly through a Lovejoy coupler, connecting to the Hyd pump. My front crank pulley has three threaded holes in it....I was thinking of turning about a 3 1/2" steel disc on the lathe, bolting it to the crank pulley, then pressing in a 3/4" steel shaft slight interference fit with a woodruff key, (shaft would be like 7 or 8 inches long) then to the Lovejoy/ hyd pump.
Whatdya think?
Somehow, I need to get a 3/4" shaft attached to the front crank pulley, through the recess under the radiator, and sticking out front so I can attach the pump.

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #3  
Kubota has a splined one that would fit your tractor. I also think it well fit on the B9200 like JJ has. His might be on his as std. The bad thing about kubota's is that it has a odd size spline shaft. Here is the part #66704-88530 if you want to see a picture and price ( if it's not NLA ) go here Kubota Parts for Tractors and Equipment
As far as getting the shaft through the recess under the radiator. Just pull the radiator, not hard to do and give you more room to work.

Last edited:
   / B6000 Kubota front PTO #4  
I have done exactly what you described on a Yanmar. The crankshaft pulley has three holes on the face. The pulley also has a slight bevel on its circumference. Turning a small lip into a disc perfectly centers the plate on the crankshaft.

Welding a keyed shaft is straightforward, and allows easy coupling for the love joys. Mine actually uses a chain coupling, but the principle is exactly the same.

For what it is worth, my B6000 came with a factory loader that runs from a pump driven by a v-belt off the crankshaft pulley, just like the generator. That style may be a better match depending on how much room you have to mount the pump. The Brantly loader I have seen for an Iseki had quite a massive pump, which may make packaging difficult on the tiny B6000.

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I cant see any of the parts listed, and cant seem to pull up the parts diagrams....not sure why. I do have an old printed parts manual I'll dig it up today and look through to see about a stub shaft. I think ultimately I'll probably build a shaft with a disc to attach to the pulley. The pulley doesn't really have a lip, unfortunately, it actually seems to be somewhat counterweighted from the factory and the face is pretty much smooth. My pump has to run off the front, because of the rotation. Well I guess I could turn it backwards and run it off a v-belt from the crank pulley, mounting it on the left side of the tractor. The crossbrace for the loader, which goes from the uprights down to the front frame of the tractor already has a spot cutout with holes for mounting the pump directly on the front of the tractor. There should be lots of room.

I got my work cut out for me getting this thing setup....gotta make all new mounts for the FEL frame and then I have to cut and re-weld sections of the FEL itself.....looks like it got bent and tweaked somewhere in its prior life. The loader bucket doesn't line up right. So first I'm going to get the frame and uprights perfectly straight, then just work forward from there.

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #6  
I have a B6100 equipped with a Brantly FEL. It is an SL 500 and it runs on the ordinary hyd. pump. As for the bucket its slightly off. I guess due to a dent in one of the sub frame arms. But I really like my Brantly..

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #7  
Here is an excerpt from another B6000 owner.

The tractor pump puts out about 1200 PSI, I am running around 3000 on my hoe, tractor pump is about 2.5 GPM, I am running 4.5gpm on hoe.

This pump from Baileys should run your FEL. I have one similar driven by the fan belt for my steering and FEL. Works just fine.

http://baileynet.com/links/GC_Series_edit.pdf

About $120

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO
Well i now have the frame mounted to the tractor, and I have cut and welded the loader frame several places to straighten it all back out again. Gonna reinforce it with some gussets and that should be all good.

I have the pump that came with the Brantly...so now I'm working on the PTO shaft to come directly off of the crank pulley. I've also got the original two spool valve for this loader its an AICO I think...looks pretty ancient. The valves were stuck but I freed them up we'll see if it works.

Is there another flex coupler alternative to a lovejoy coupler that might be a little shorter? It will need to join the 3/4" PTO shaft from the crank to the hydraulic pump. Because of the front frame member of the tractor theres no room for the lovejoy. I suppose I can cut out a section of the frame to make room if I need to.

I'll try and post some pictures soon.

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #9  
If you can, you might look and see if you can make shaft to go out the front.
Then mount the pump to the weight bracket in front.

/ B6000 Kubota front PTO #10  
My B7100 has the B-219 loader with front pto pump. I believe this loader fit 5100/6100/7100 tractors. If you look on the Kubotabooks site you can find the manual which has some crappy photos as well as a parts breakdown that may give you some ideas. If you need more photos of an actual installation PM me.