Tractor
    John Deere 4100

Default Help for John Deere 4100 loader

Hello. I am new to the forum and would appreciate any advice.

I just bought a nice 4100 and would like to add a loader to make it more useful. It is a 98 model and I am struggling with some decisions on hydraulics. I am not a mechanic but a skilled parts changer.

My tractor has no hydraulic outlets and does not have the SCV valve. Some earlier models did not come equipped with it. I have found a loader from Koyker that will work with the belly mower but I have not found any loader apps that offer a direct connection kit for the 4100.

The question... What options do I have and which would be the most economical or desirable? I found a SCV at a junk yard. Is it required to connect to the hydraulics or can the loader be connected by putting together fittings somewhere on the housing. Is the SCV useful as the contol valve or would it be better to add a seperate joystick.

Thanks.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Help for John Deere 4100 loader

Does your tractor have any hyd at all, even a hyd pump and 3pt.

You can add a pump to almost anything.

I have a pump for my loader that is driven by a fan belt which pumps about 3 GPM, then you will need a joystick valve with relief and hoses.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    John Deere 4100

Thanks for the info. Mine has hydraulics with 3pt. It did not come with the valve that diverts the tractor hydraulics to serve implements, and can double as the joystick. I am sure it can be connected in some manner, but I am not sure where to begin. I want to make a plan before ordering a loader.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 7710, Ford 550, Ford 1910, Ford 4430, KD Forklift, Ford LGT17H, New Holland L255 Skidsteer

If the SCV is only one circuit (2 outlets) then it is fairly impractical as you would still need a 2 spool (4 outlets) valve for loader operation that Koyker probably offers. There is probably a way to connect on that tractor, but I don't recall off hand. If you are interested, I could probably find it if you are interested.

Ted

Tractor
    John Deere 4100

My understanding is that the complete 4100 system with the SCV has 4 quick connections under the right footboard and that the SCV has a joystick. I have read that connecting to another joystick can improve performance, but I don't know personally.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 7710, Ford 550, Ford 1910, Ford 4430, KD Forklift, Ford LGT17H, New Holland L255 Skidsteer

If you install the JD SCV, then you will have a good joystick setup. There isn't anything to improve hydraulically by adding another valve to the SCV other than comfort from a different location, but the JD setup isn't bad.

Here is a link to the parts book showing the SCV completely. The valve connects under the rh side of the seat to the hitch housing.

Ted