Ford 2000 1973 model Hydraulic problem

/ Ford 2000 1973 model Hydraulic problem #1  

kennyl123

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 2000
I have a problem with the hydraulics. It will lift but it is slow and jerks as it goes up. It will hold it up all day once it raises. The lift lever also seems real loose, The bush hog will drop all of a sudden and I look and the lever is all the way down. Any ideas how to fix these 2 problems .
kennyl123 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

/ Ford 2000 1973 model Hydraulic problem #2  
I have a problem with the hydraulics. It will lift but it is slow and jerks as it goes up. It will hold it up all day once it raises. The lift lever also seems real loose, The bush hog will drop all of a sudden and I look and the lever is all the way down. Any ideas how to fix these 2 problems .
kennyl123 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

first you need to check your hyd fluid level if it is full then you need to clean the hyd filter it is inside the tractor rear diff housing. You can drain the oil and put in some diesel and rubbing alchol and shake the tractor back and forth and then let sit awhile then drian it

the lift lever has a cork or asbestes pad between it and the lift top cage for the control handle all you need to do is remove the nut that holds the control handle on to the shaft and pull the handle of and install a new pad it is a pretty straight forward fix

/ Ford 2000 1973 model Hydraulic problem #3  
yep ditto that. new friction disc is like 2$ from NH or you can cut one out of 1/4" hard leather.. or heavy ruberized gasket cork.

what's the rear oil look like?