Linkage control bypass

/ Linkage control bypass #1  

hoseguy

Tractor
Valpadana
Morning all,

This relates to my 'hedge find' Valpadana 6055DT and its odd valve block.

What I'v discovered is that I can't be flagged pissing around with it anymore.
If it does eventually transpire that something is broken or missing I cannot buy the replacement components anyway, so why worry.

What I'm aiming to to is basically run a hose from one of the remotes and just either weld or thread a corrosponding quick release into the top of the back end to tie into the circuit for the lift cylinder (which I assume is basically a single acting ram by the looks) so I can operate the arms with the remote and just get rid of the lift and draft control levers completely.

I don't need draft control or anything like that. i only need them to go up and down. It will mostly be carrying a log splitter or a winch or a link box or maybe a bale now and then.

Potential pitfalls?.........
or not?.....

Any opinions?

Thanks heaps :thumbsup:

/ Linkage control bypass
Ok,
Here's what's gonna happen...

The feed pipe that runs from the bottom of the cylinder to the top of the case sits flush with the face that the valve block bolts to and has an o-ring between the tube and the case about 12mm down from the face. So...

I reckon I lose the valve block and just drill and tap the face of the case to accept a 3/4 hex nipple and machine out the inside to accommodate the rod with its o-ring then just screw a female QR coupling onto that then run one of the redundant forklift lines into it (which has a male QR).
All that then remains is to make a blanking plate for the holes that are now obsolete on the top of the case where the valve block sat.

Looks like the remotes have a relief valve on them anyway so don't need to worry about it.

Aah, perfect.
There's always a good low-tech solution for everything :thumbsup: