MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #1  

MoDeer43

Tractor
MF240
I have a MF240 and am looking to add an aux hydraulic system to increase
what I can do with it. I have seen complete kits for both single and double spool kits, but am not sure what the difference is ? I am new to the tractor world so any help is most appreciated.

The single spoll kit list for around $350, is this a good price ?

Thanks for the help
MoDeer

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question
JJ,
I understand the flow that my pump has,and the one in the link say 8.5gpm.so is my smaller flow rate adequate ?
I really dont understand the differene between a single spool and twin spool system? What are the specific benefits of each ?

Thanks
MoDeer43

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #4  
   / MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #5  
If I put a deverter on a MF 240 to run a hydraulic remote set, can i switch between the 3 pt and a hydraulic cylinder? I am looking a buying a turbo saw.

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #6  
If I put a deverter on a MF 240 to run a hydraulic remote set, can i switch between the 3 pt and a hydraulic cylinder? I am looking a buying a turbo saw.

If you want to run a turbo saw using a remote valve, then you need a single spool valve with PB.

If you need to run a separate cyl, then you need a two spool valve.

If you have a FEL now, and it has PB, then you run a hose from the FEL PB to the IN port of the new remote valve.

If you do not have FEL, then the pump flow will go to the new valve first.

If running a hyd motor, then you also need a motor spool valve with detent.

You can still use the 3pt, but only if the saw is not running. The saw will take all or most of the fluid.

Set the 3pt first and then activate the saw.

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #7  
Thanks for the help.

The tractor has no FEL. The saw runs off the PTO, so if I set the height of the 3 PT first, switch the deverter to the cylinder, the 3 pt should stay at the same height, while the cylinder is in use?

Thanks again.

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #8  
   / MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #9  
On a MF does the 3 pt have to be in the full up position for the pump to flow to the remotes?

/ MF 240 Aux Hydraulic question #10  
You should be in neutral. If not, then you are either raising or lowering the 3pt. The 3pt should stay where you left it.

In an open center hyd system, the pump fluid is always flowing somewhere, and if all valves are in neutral, the fluid just passes through all valves to tank.