12V diverter valve

/ 12V diverter valve #22  
Nice work, Artisan. Looks like the regen ckt. is not a problem with a diverter once you know the trick. Wish I'd seen that before. I would much rather have the ability to feather the grapple than just turn it on and off.

Oh, well, we live and learn.

/ 12V diverter valve #23  
Can anyone verify whether you have feather if you go past regen into the power lever position.

I always thought feather mode was in the first part of lever movement, and if regen is in the first part of lever movement, the port is full open when you get to power mode.

Some valves have regen to full right, so regen/fast dump does not come in to play until you are way past feather.

/ 12V diverter valve #24  
Sorry for jumping in late, bigballer. If your LA463 has fast dump, you may want to rethink the diverter valve. Fast dump uses a regenerative circuit which I have been told can cause a diverter valve to lock up. You could, however, install it in the boom circuit, but I don't fancy the idea of switching circuits on a raised boom. After thinking it over, I decided to use a directional valve for my grapple circuit. If you do install the diverter, I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you. Best of luck.

Sorry I missed this. If the valve locks up because of the backpressure from the regen circuit all you have to do is unplug the vent port [I know the Baily valve has this] and run it to tank, most valves have a vent port for shifting to solve this very problem. CJ

/ 12V diverter valve #25  
My FEL has regen on dump and works just fine with the grapple. The grapple jaw acts much the same as the bucket in dump, I guess, as gravity is trying to close the grapple jaw, just like in dump mode on the bucket. Mine is set up with a diverter switch on the joystick, so I push the switch and then the curl/dump is open/close grapple (respectively). It may not work so well if you plumb it reverse of that - not sure. I can feather mine just fine in the first stage with no need to go into the second position on the dump movement.

/ 12V diverter valve #26  
I gave up trying to finagle the regen and swapped mine to the boom circuit. Just me.

/ 12V diverter valve #27  
I gave up trying to finagle the regen and swapped mine to the boom circuit. Just me.

Since the new system will not let me submit a single post, I am using this post to submit a post.

For those that have regen in the first part of lever movement, although you have fast operation, you also have much less force for work.

If you need max force on the grapple, you will have to go past regen on the lever, and way past feather. When you go past the soft stop, you are in full power mode, and slower.

I think the ideal regen setup. is regen after the soft stop, or far right.. If you don't need power but speed, slam the lever fully to the right

If you are trying to lift a heavy item, and you are in regen, you limit your hyd system to about 50 % of available force.

If your regen is to the far right, then you can have feather at full power/force.

/ 12V diverter valve
i installed the system last night splitting the curl circuit. it seems to work either way curl/arm up or curl arm/down. it does take a bit of getting used to as the sequence must go as follows - press button, move stick in direction you want, center stick, release button. sometimes i was releasing the button before centering the stick which caused the grapple to slightly dump or curl depending on which way i was going. i did notice the regen working against me though, if i didn't move the stick all the way past regen the arm would not move and other times it would move in the opposite direction i expected, if dump was raise arm it would lower arm. i am guessing this was the regen doing exactly as it is intended to do. moving past regen corrected the problem and again allowed the arm to raise as expected. i do have feathering on while lowering but not raising in this setup as expected..

/ 12V diverter valve
i did notice the regen working against me though, if i didn't move the stick all the way past regen the arm would not move and other times it would move in the opposite direction i expected, if dump was raise arm it would lower arm. i am guessing this was the regen doing exactly as it is intended to do. moving past regen corrected the problem and again allowed the arm to raise as expected. i do have feathering on while lowering but not raising in this setup as expected..

i ran some more tests this morning after reversing the connection and now i have feather (on arm down) and it seems to be operating more consistently.. i am going to run with this set up today and see how if it works better for me..