Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5300, JD5100M

That's the way my JD 500 series loader works. Normal valve until full right, then the regen kicks in. I use a single acting cylinder on that port all the time for the hay rake with no problems.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST/LA463 loader JD 318 / 3ph(cat. 0)

Default Re: 12V diverter valve

Looks like you got it figured out, bigballer. Regen will extend a cylinder no matter which way you connect it, so having curl open the grapple, and dump close the grapple lets it work for you, not against you. My concern was the valve sticking when under pressure clamped on something. Sounds like that is not a problem. I'm happy it worked out for you.

I'll just have to be quick on the switch when I need to move a tiny bit with my electrically actuated 4-way.
    Happy as if I had good sense.
    One orange, one green.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L3400

Quote Originally Posted by heviduty View Post
    Looks like you got it figured out, bigballer. Regen will extend a cylinder no matter which way you connect it, so having curl open the grapple, and dump close the grapple lets it work for you, not against you. My concern was the valve sticking when under pressure clamped on something. Sounds like that is not a problem. I'm happy it worked out for you.

I'll just have to be quick on the switch when I need to move a tiny bit with my electrically actuated 4-way.
    yes, so far so good, spent a couple hours grappling ove the weekend and it worked really well. i am going to swap out the switch for something a little less hard to push as my thumb was injured.

i have a general question on the wiring as mine is not permanantly wired in yet.. are guys wiring these directly to the battery using an inline fuse or wiring them into a key switched fuse on the electrical panel?
    cheers,
    bigballer
    2006 L3400hst (380hrs)
    la463 QA fel, backhoe, toothbar,
    brushhog, boxblade, rake, grapple

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by bigballer View Post
    yes, so far so good, spent a couple hours grappling ove the weekend and it worked really well. i am going to swap out the switch for something a little less hard to push as my thumb was injured.

i have a general question on the wiring as mine is not permanantly wired in yet.. are guys wiring these directly to the battery using an inline fuse or wiring them into a key switched fuse on the electrical panel?
    I would do the keyed option first. Less chance of a dead batt if something happens. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST/LA463 loader JD 318 / 3ph(cat. 0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistyridgefarm View Post
    That's the way my JD 500 series loader works. Normal valve until full right, then the regen kicks in. I use a single acting cylinder on that port all the time for the hay rake with no problems.
    Normal first makes more sense to me, but kubota, at least on the LA463, has regen first then normal after detent at full right.
    Happy as if I had good sense.
    One orange, one green.

Tractor
    JD 2320

Did you ever get a valve? I'm looking to find one to use for a power angle blade adapted to my quick change 200CX loader. I am looking to use the bucket curl/dump control to angle the blade left and right. Any input appreciated

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by a1Sabrina97 View Post
    Did you ever get a valve? I'm looking to find one to use for a power angle blade adapted to my quick change 200CX loader. I am looking to use the bucket curl/dump control to angle the blade left and right. Any input appreciated
    I can set you up for $400-$500. Valve, Plumbing, hoses, fittings, control grip for your joystick. The whole deal.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    JD 2320

MtnViewRanch can you give me any details of the system. Where's the valve mount? How's it tapped into the system?

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by a1Sabrina97 View Post
    MtnViewRanch can you give me any details of the system. Where's the valve mount? How's it tapped into the system?
    The diverter valve can mount where ever you want, normally on the loader tower. Unplug the curl cylinder lines, 2 new lines go from the QDs on the tractor to the valve. Existing 2lines that you unplugged, plug into the diverter. New lines run from the diverter out to the middle of the cross bar of the loader with another set of QDs. You get an actual control grip with a button to control the diverter that replaces your OEM loader grip-knob.

Pretty simple and an overall easy installation.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    I can set you up for $400-$500. Valve, Plumbing, hoses, fittings, control grip for your joystick. The whole deal.
    That is a good deal esp. with the quick couplers and control knob!
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast