12V diverter valve

/ 12V diverter valve #2  
I bought one but haven't installed it yet. I think its the best option for a grapple on your FEL, have found places that sell this same valve as part of a kit for adding a grapple. Only suggestion if you do buy it is to get the connector: Surplus Center - HIRSCHMANN CONNECTOR. After seeing the connection on the valve you'll be happy you spent the extra $5, I was. I also have a L3400 so if you do get it put some pics up. For a switch I was looking at this: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hurst-1630069-Black-Sidewinder-Shifter/dp/B000CMHVUS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1338361429&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: Hurst 1630069 Black Sidewinder Shifter Knob: Automotive[/ame] , but $60 is a little pricey and will probably have to modify the mounting threads. Have also considered a foot operated switch on the left side since I don't use clutch with HST. Maybe like an old style headlight dimmer switch.

/ 12V diverter valve #3  
I've been looking at that same valve as well .... and the same switch .... :thumbsup:

Summit Racing has a large selection shift knobs with switches at reasonable prices.

/ 12V diverter valve #4  
Found these three switches at TSC: Manual Starter Switch for Tractors - 0236431 | Tractor Supply Company Starter Push Switch with Mounting Gasket - 0236546 | Tractor Supply Company Universal Starter Switch, Ford Tractors 9N (Prior to S/N 12499, 1939-1940) - 0236643 | Tractor Supply Company I'm still 50/50 on deciding if the foot option or the shifter ball option will be better. Foot switch is cheaper and maybe easier to install but I think the shifter ball maybe the easier of the two options to use. Any opinion? The first switch it looks like you could use the top two holes to attach a pedal type device to activate switch.

/ 12V diverter valve
I have found a few places are selling these valves as kits with a switch (of various configurations) included. the fasse valve is the same as this as well as the kit from anbo ANBO Attachments - Hydraulic Diverter Valve and rankin Rankin Third Function Electric Hydraulic Diverter Valve Kit. pricing on the valve/switch is anywhere from $385 - $450, given we can get the valve for $159+ hirchmanns + shipping there would be significant savings over buying virtually the same thing from a "dealer" in "kit" form.

/ 12V diverter valve
i found a momentary switch COLE HERSEE Switch at West Marine at west marine today that i am going to try out, it was $29 and is weather proof with plasticized connections and a rubber boot that fits over the button. seems like there should be an easy way to make a handle that would accomodate this but am still trying to figure that out.. i do like the foot switch idea..

/ 12V diverter valve #7  
If I understand the operation correctly it diverts when powered then goes back to the original position - correct? So if I want to divert for a long period of time would a toggle switch work or would it likely burn out the solenoid???

Thanks
Bob

/ 12V diverter valve #8  
You have to know whether the solenoid is rated for intermittent use or continuous use.

A toggle switch is required to keep 12v on the solenoid.

This particular solenoid valve has an in-rush amps of 1.4 , and .42 holding amps.

Directional Valve, Solenoid, Tandem, 120 AC - Hydraulic Manifold Valves - Valves - 2NMU5 : Grainger Industrial Supply

What Factors Affect Solenoid Valve Operation?

Excerpt:

At continuous duty the surface temperature of the solenoid can reach up to 120 ーC

Duty cycle
All standard solenoids are designed for continuous duty in order to rule out the possibility of the winding overheating during normal service conditions.

Last edited:
   / 12V diverter valve #9  
Bailey has just came out with a inexpensive selector valve rated at 13GPM and 5k pressure, more than enough for our tractors. the valve pn# is 220-934 and it is $110. I have sold 1 and have 1 for my tractor. No problems and the price is good. CJ

/ 12V diverter valve #10  
I just bought one. I'll post on it next week when I start on my grapple.