grapple hydraulic setup 1026r

/ grapple hydraulic setup 1026r #71  
There's something wrong with the color balance on your camera - these sure don't look orange in the pics :laughing:

What other color would he have? Even his chop saw is green :laughing:

Great looking grapple. :thumbsup:

/ grapple hydraulic setup 1026r
ForumRunner_20120812_220135.png

ForumRunner_20120812_220204.png

Thanks. I'm heading to deere tomorrow to get the fittings I don't have. I decided to split the original loader lines and terminate the ends at the valve

The tractor is back and the tractor side hydraulic hoses are connected. I'm going to plumb the grapple cylinder to the quick connects for my new front work ports and hook up the electric switch tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'll take pics when it works and post an updated parts list.

/ grapple hydraulic setup 1026r #76  
Hello;

I'm kinda in the same boat as Swick1. A couple weeks ago a Wildkat 48" Econo Grapple was delivered to me. So now i'm in the getting hoses, couplers and routing stages.

Regarding hoses. I found that our local JD dealer was the cheapest per foot cost on the hoses. How much to attach ends I don't know. NAPA was considerbly more per foot

Thanks,, nicholas

I got the valve and hoses done. I used a footswitch to activate the valve and hooked into a spare switched connection provided by Jd for a lift solenoid kit that hasn't materialized. The switch is after the valve and connects to the ground connection on the engine.

Ok, the valve clicks but doesn't allow the fluid to escape the grapple ports even when I crack the fittings. Any ideas? I've already tried reversing the polarity. The valve is getting pressure.

/ grapple hydraulic setup 1026r #79  
You may have the solenoid on to tight.

Also don't over tighten the mounting bolts.

Some solenoid valves have a manual mode of operation.

/ grapple hydraulic setup 1026r #80