International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot #1  

dfloyd0105

Tractor
international 684
I have a 1980 International tractor. When the tractor gets hot the hydraulics quit working. They will start out by getting slow and jerky and then quit. The power steering goes out also. When you let it cool for a while it works fine again for about a hour and then the same thing. We had a guy put a new pump on and new hytran oil and it still does the same thing. We noticed today aa the temperature gets cooler later in the day the hydraulics work better but not great. I know a guy that runs 30sae motor oil in his hydraulics because the other oil gets to thin and doesn't work. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot #2  
Sounds like the screen in the trans is stopped up. If you didn't change the filter it could be that also or both.

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot
We changed the filter and cleaned the screen

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot #4  
sounds like the relief valve is sticking.

Where is the release valve and what does it look like

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot #6  
bottom of the mcv valve.there is also a flow divider valve there also that could be bad.you might clean it .

Would that only happen when it's hot?

What does the pressure relief valve look like. I can't find it or the flow divider. Im not real smart when it comes to this stuff

/ International 684 hyraulics quit working when hot #9  
i would recommend you go over to lawrenceburg to the caseih dealership.get them to copy a breakdown of the valves.i would take them both out and look for damage or trash.sometimes it is obvious sometimes not.i would lean toward the relief valve for replacement.

Ok will do. Thanks a lot