JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift

/ JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift #1  

Bruceva

My 3520 rockshaft has stopped operating....was fine when garaged a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions beyond the operator's manual's suggestions.

Any further news on a JD recall for a rockshaft control valve gasket replacement program underway??

Thanks, Bruce

/ JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift #2  
My 3520 rockshaft has stopped operating....was fine when garaged a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions beyond the operator's manual's suggestions.

Any further news on a JD recall for a rockshaft control valve gasket replacement program underway??

Thanks, Bruce
If you have a loader check to see if the control lever is in float mode (usually all the way forward and held there by a detent. If so pop it into the middle position. Float position in many tractors disables the 3ph hydraulics

/ JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift #3  
Drop rate knob get cranked in all the way ?

/ JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift
If you have a loader check to see if the control lever is in float mode (usually all the way forward and held there by a detent. If so pop it into the middle position. Float position in many tractors disables the 3ph hydraulics

Don't know about float mode....I'll have to research that...but the loader does work, at least raising and lowering....haven't checked rotating the bucket.

Drop rate knob get cranked in all the way ?

Well....it hadn't been moved probably since I got the tractor........BUT....I did rotate it from one extreme to the other without affecting the problem.....however, it became very hard to turn so I used a large pliers on it to get movement.....now I can't budge it by hand??? I hope I haven't made the problem worse or created a new one?

The problem is partially solved.....the hitch now lifts just fine, but won't go down on command....it will eventually drop to the ground....many minutes.

The drop rate control is still an issue....in fooling with that control, I had broken the plastic control shaft so the metal rate control shaft was not turning and is locked into full over. Does anyone have any idea why the rate control would be 'frozen' in place?? The metal rod itself is well inside the covering so it's not possible to get something clamped onto it....maybe have to remove the seat and coverings to see more?

Thanks for the replies.

Bruce

/ JD 3520 3 point hitch won't lift #7  
I removed the seat to get my pliers on the drop control rod and was able to turn it a bit with difficulty. It seems to be frozen. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem??

To close this out, I removed the drop rate control rod package and took it to the dealer who was able to free up the rod and enable it to do it's thing which is to extend or retract a pin which pushes on the valve that controls the rate of drop. It's not as free as it should be, but does work....all is well now and about $90 dollars saved by not having to buy new parts.