3 point whine when all of the way up

/ 3 point whine when all of the way up #1  

greenmojo

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300, John Deere 450C
All;

I had a question just a few moments ago about the loader and got some excellent answers and really appreciate everyones willingness to help. Soon, I may be able to offer some as well, but now I have a new one about the other end. ;-)

I imagine these are just new tractor owner questions, so I apologize for them in advance. I have a 2002 JD 4300 that I bought with 875 hours and I've only put about 50 on it thus far.

When I raise the 3 point to the top with the lever in the rear-position, there is a small whine that comes from the rear of the tractor and the RPM load on the tractor slightly increases. I can easily remedy this by moving the level just slightly forward, which returns RPMs to normal and the whine goes away. The main reason I bring this up, is there is a small shake or jolt to the rear remote hydraulic lines. It doesn't look too violent or damaging, but I thought I would ask.

I am very new to hydraulics and not sure if this is good, bad or a sign of future problems?

I've been pressure washing, cleaning and just going over every inch of the tractor now that I have some down time and wanted to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. I am absolutely addicted to tractors at this point, and want to learn as much as there is.

Thanks again,

~moses

/ 3 point whine when all of the way up #2  
All;

I had a question just a few moments ago about the loader and got some excellent answers and really appreciate everyones willingness to help. Soon, I may be able to offer some as well, but now I have a new one about the other end. ;-)

I imagine these are just new tractor owner questions, so I apologize for them in advance. I have a 2002 JD 4300 that I bought with 875 hours and I've only put about 50 on it thus far.

When I raise the 3 point to the top with the lever in the rear-position, there is a small whine that comes from the rear of the tractor and the RPM load on the tractor slightly increases. I can easily remedy this by moving the level just slightly forward, which returns RPMs to normal and the whine goes away. The main reason I bring this up, is there is a small shake or jolt to the rear remote hydraulic lines. It doesn't look too violent or damaging, but I thought I would ask.

I am very new to hydraulics and not sure if this is good, bad or a sign of future problems?

I've been pressure washing, cleaning and just going over every inch of the tractor now that I have some down time and wanted to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. I am absolutely addicted to tractors at this point, and want to learn as much as there is.

Thanks again,

~moses

What you are seeing is normal, The whine is the relief going off and relieving.

It does not take much pressure to operate a hyd cyl. The load on the cyl will dictate the pressure build up. If there is no attachment on the 3pt, you are using about 300 psi, and when you get to the end of the stroke, the perssure goes to max, up to say 2500 psi.

Slightly down on the lever puts the valve in neutral.

The hoses will jump of kick when pressure is applied suddenly or if pressure is removed from the circuit. .

/ 3 point whine when all of the way up
Thanks J.J.!

That is pretty cool. I am absolutely loving all of the details about owning / using a tractor. Completely addicted.

~moses

/ 3 point whine when all of the way up #4  
Thanks J.J.!

That is pretty cool. I am absolutely loving all of the details about owning / using a tractor. Completely addicted.

~moses

Knowledge is power and can save you lots of money and time.

/ 3 point whine when all of the way up #5  
When I raise the 3 point to the top with the lever in the
rear-position, there is a small whine that comes from the rear of the tractor and the
RPM load on the tractor slightly increases. I can easily remedy this by moving the
level just slightly forward, which returns RPMs to normal and the whine goes away.

There are limiters and adjustments to keep you from pushing the 3-pt cyl lever
all the way up to relief. My current 4300 is set not to do that. You can either
adjust the lever so it can't go to relief, or just avoid pushing it up all the way.