Leaking Hydraulic cylinder

/ Leaking Hydraulic cylinder #1  

bky

Gold Member
Tractor
l245dt
Hi I have a Kubota model 1200 loader on an l24dt and the cylinder is leaking. I am not sure if the parts to fix it are still available to fix it.
And suggestion on it?
Would it be better to buy a new one or rebuild the old seals if I can find them? Thanks to all in advance. Bill

/ Leaking Hydraulic cylinder #2  
Most seals are just O rings. Be sure that you get the type that are compatable with the fluid you are using for hydraulics. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Leaking Hydraulic cylinder #3  
I do believe that if you call your local dealer, they can get the seals and rings for you. You might want to dismount the cylinder and take it in, if your dealer's shop is well equipped, they can do it for you as long as the hard chromed cylinder rod isn't scored. That's usually the cause of seal leakage.

/ Leaking Hydraulic cylinder #4  
Save some money and take the cylinder to a local hydraulic shop and ask them for the appropriate replacement parts. I rebuilt two of mine on my IH656 loader for about $40 in parts, not including the polishing of the shafts that I had someone do.

- Gerald

/ Leaking Hydraulic cylinder #5  
bky,

I had a 1200 loader and rebuild kits are available from Kubota, but as suggested take it to a local shop and they will rebuild it for $40-80 depending on the repairs needed. If bent tho it could get expensive.

CArl