Hydraulic Fluid change in Case 830 CK question

/ Hydraulic Fluid change in Case 830 CK question #1  

marnun

Tractor
Case 830 CK
I recently purchased a Case 830 Comfort King. The hydraulic oil is milky so I was planning on changing it. I have located the three drain plugs so draining will be no problem. However, the screws on the operators platform are so rusted/worn that I can't get them out to access the fill plug. I would really like to avoid drilling out all these screws so my question is: Can I refill the hydraulic oil through the dipstick at the rear of the tractor? It seems logical to me but I am no tractor expert. Thanks a lot.

/ Hydraulic Fluid change in Case 830 CK question #2  
I am not familiar with your model, but I would first verify that the rear and transmission uses a common sump (same fluid). If it doesnt and you drain the transmission.........putting oil in the dipstick hole will do nothing.

You also mentioned screw(s) on the operator platform. If there are more than one, I would assume that they are separate sumps. And either way, I would try to get the fill plugs OUT, because dipsticks usually are small and would take forever to get the appropriate amount of oil back in there.

/ Hydraulic Fluid change in Case 830 CK question #3  
I don't remember having to remove a panel to add oil!