Help identifying hydraulic ports

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports #1  

ponyuk

Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF 1532 4WD
Hi,
I just mounted a hay bale grabber to my Massey Ferguson 1532. I'm trying to tap in to the hydraulics to add the grabbers hooks.
Can someone help me identify which of these is the hydraulic feed and which is the return.
My grabber control valve has an in and out, and I know it needs to be in series with my existing hydraulics.
Here is a pick with color coded ties on it
hydraulic.jpg

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports
hyd2.jpg

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports #3  
Hi Pony - Usually the return is the thickest hose - looking at your photos my guess would be the side hose (blue). However this is only a guess!

Do you have any more info - such as the make of the loader?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
My loader is the Massey Ferguson L100. All my hoses appear to be 3/8. As they are color coded, I can post a picture of where they connect to the engine if that helps?

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports #5  
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
My loader is the Massey Ferguson L100. All my hoses appear to be 3/8. As they are color coded, I can post a picture of where they connect to the engine if that helps?

That woyld definately help - although I am sure there will be sombody here at TBN who is familiar with the model and know the answer immediately ...

Red one:
IMG_2436.jpg

Blue and yellow:
IMG_2439.jpg

So I have the red labelled one towards the back, and the blue and yellow towards the front.

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports #7  
The red one is definately a return...

From the photo it appears that both the blue and yellow are seperate feeds (one per spool maybe?) - but I think you definately need the advice of someone who is better experienced than I am to be sure :laughing:

Keep your eye open for user JJ - he is great with Hydraulics...

Hopefully JJ will chime in, I think this is not going to work without some extra equipment.

The guy that sold me my new hay baler, cutter, rake, accumulator, and grappler appears to have some bad information. He thought the hydraulics were open center and I could tap in to the hydraulics on my remote. I set it all up just now and the grappler will only work when the lift is also operating.
I currently have a very expensive lead weight on my lifter :( and I suspect a large bill in the future to buy the extra bits I need).

I'm guessing I need a closed center valve, and to put this is parallel with one of my remotes? So, for example T in to the blue feed that control up and down and spur the feed to the in port of a closed center valve for the grappler. Then T the red return and spur that to the return of the grappler valve?

Last edited:
OK. I'm officially confused.
According to MF my 1532 is open center.
I'm obviously connecting this all up incorrectly and my open center valve supplied with the grappler should work.

Standing by for an expert :confused2:

/ Help identifying hydraulic ports #10  
I take it you added a "T" in the pressure feed line??......That won't work, the flow will take the path of least resistance and flow through the valve you are not using.....that's why the grappler will only work with the lift is operating.....this has to be in series to work on an open-center system

Do you have pix of your new valve

With the original question, the feed line on your FEL valve is on the same side as the pressure relief valve...(not shown in pix cuz of plastic cover).....