Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel AUX Hydraulics

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel AUX Hydraulics #1  

budd4

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel
I have a new to me 1965 Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel which has 2 AUX hydraulic hoses mounted on the rear. I want to purchase a 3 PT Hydraulic log split er and need to learn how to use the Remote hydraulics. The tractor does not have an independent hydraulic pump and must use the internal tractor hydraulic pump. The tractor has a valve just under the front of the seat with 2 hoses mounted on the right rear fender. Any information would be helpful on how to operate it.

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel AUX Hydraulics #2  
TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 165 tractor information

Your hyd system is open center, and the pump flow is 4.5 GPM

If you have remotes, and the two hoses are connected to the remotes, then you would plug in the log splitter and bungee the lever to supply fluid to the log splitter.

If the log splitter valve does not have PB, then you might want to run the OUT hose direct to tank.

Some tractors use the PB out from the FEL valve to supply fluid to the back. When the log splitter is not connected, the PB hose is looped to either the remote IN port, or the 3pt IN port, and this will complete the series connection flow path.

The log splitter has it's own valve. The log splitter OUT port would go to tank.

If you would show some pictures and further explain exactly what you have, we can help you more.

You would set your log splitter relief the same as the FEL valve relief.

So if your tractor has a pressure of 2750 psi and your log splitter has a 4 in cyl and 2 in shaft, you would have a push with a force of 34,557 lbs, or 17.25 tons.

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel AUX Hydraulics
1 Remote HYD.jpg4 Remote HYD.jpg2 Remote HYD.jpg3 Remote HYD.jpg

Attached are 4ea pictures of the remote hydraulics on my 165 diesel. Is there any document online that I can download and/or purchase on how to operate them

Thanks for your previous information

/ Massey Ferguson 165 Diesel AUX Hydraulics #4  
From what I see is a valve controlling the fluid to two QD's, and the supply for this is coming from the valve with the hex key.

Plug a hyd motor or a cyl into the QD's, and activate the levers and see what happens.

Check out the connection with a plug in hyd gage with a QD fitting .

You may lose 3pt operation in one position.

There may be three position on the valve.