help new parts how do i get it to pump oil

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
I just replaced the ram on my splitter ,and all new hoses every thing is hooked up as before,except filter is new in the return,and arrows are correct.When i start it up nothing happend
pump is not sucking the oil,im assuming all is air bound.every componet was drained completely.Itried cracking a hose after the pump nothing .where do i start.pump is new also just ought to be working at what sequence do i do to get it to flow

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil #2  
Is your hyd tank above your pump? If so, then fluid should be at the input port of the pump. Loosen the fitting and check for fluid.

You can add a little air to the hyd tank to help prime the pump.

How many times have you moved the lever.

Do you have a hyd gage to check the hyd.

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil
jj
tank is slightly below the pump now.i only ran it for a minute twice actually moving the lever back and forth.Can i hurt the pump running it dry.line after pump has no oil in it. ill try to rig up something to blow air in the tank spout

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil #4  
Yes, you should always put some fluid in the pump, and a lot of hyd system will have you prime the pump before running . Fill the hose if you can.

When your engine is running, the pump is trying to pump.

Before starting, pull the engine through until you see fluid drip out of the out port of the pump. Then tighten up the fitting and start engine.

gosh im at a loss,ive done everything you said,even dropped the front of the splitter to the floor so tank was higher,i blew in the tank with the fittings on the piston loose until oil wept out them,worked the handle while blowing in air,filled the pump output line,backed my dentent spool all the way out[dont know why i did that]the arrows on the oil filter assembly suppose to point in the direction of flow right?not even a bubble in the tank

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil #6  
Even though the engine may be turning, is the pump turning?

yes,i can see the shaft.do i have to have the tank above the pump?its like 4 inches below now .Imoved the filter into the return line,it was in the suction line.the arrows are pointed in the direction of flowis this correct?

/ help new parts how do i get it to pump oil #8  
Yes, the filter should be in the return line. Install with arrows going into tank.

What is the micron rating of the filter.

Most gear pump will prime themselves, but the tank above will ensure the input port always has fluid.

I GOT IT GOING.I LIFTED THE TANK UP HIRE THAN THE PUMP,STILL did the same.So i dug my old one out,switched it over and SHE PUMPS.My goodness that large piston uses so much fluid it took my little tank down to below i/2 full.It sure in heck is slower than my old tiny rod[because it takes more oil to move it]buti sped the motor up a bit and its fine.Ialways ran it on a real slow idle but it will do.Istill need to get a gauge to check the relief setting[on my spool],When should that kick in?Ididnt see the gauges at tsc,think ill get a tee and cap it in case i want to diagnose again in the future.Now we will see if they will take the pump back,definately something wrong with it.Thanks for all the helpJJ
alan