Finding a Deere hydraulic pump

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
I am helping a friend rebuild his '87 Deere 2355. We just discovered that the reason the hydraulic pump seal is bad is that the whole pump is trashed. We need to find a rebuilt pump. The local dealer will provide one for about $1100 total. Hopefully, we can find one for a little less. The tractor has the larger size pump, 2.4 cubic inches, with a splined shaft and no front power take off provision. Any help with a source of supply would be much appreciated- this is costing a lot of money.

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #2  
Why can't you rebuild that pump? Hard to believe an '87 "anything" that costs $1100 is not rebuildable.

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump
Norm: Not that this is a hot topic of interest, but here's the deal, "discovered" after the two of us spent the whole day on the internet and phones. The shaft of the pump was scored, probably by the tractor's previous owner running it dry or using junk fluid. The pump itself has "as many parts as a V 8 motor" and is pretty complicated. Deere makes their own pumps, and parts are only available from them, so hydraulic service companies don't mess with them. And, finally, the upshot is, we are spending the $1100 to have the dealer rebuild it.

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #4  
OUCH!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #5  
Seeing how that is a Euro built tractor try posting over on one of the Euro boards,and see if they have any ideas that might be a bit cheaper. www.profi.com (while you're there order a free copy of the magazine,it'sa a great one) www.fwi.co.uk

Your German website Profi.com looked really interesting, but since I don't read any German... Thanks anyway. We should have the rebuilt pump this week.

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #7  
hey Varmint,

Oh ya I forgot about Profi changing the home page. If you click on the Profi International link in the upper right corner it will get you to the English site.

Ya- now I see the Union Jack! I can't get thru, but I will keep trying, out of curiousity, mostly. Thanks.

/ Finding a Deere hydraulic pump #9  
Try West Kentucky Tractor Parts. Ask for Robyn Crook. 270-462-2191. They found me a power beyond block cover kit for my Kubota L245. They may have a servicable used pump that you can put a new seal kit in and be on your way. Good folks. Good luck on finding the pump.