Massey ferguson 180 hydraulic pump questions

/ Massey ferguson 180 hydraulic pump questions #1  

Deezle

Tractor
IH 300 Utility: Long445DT
Hello,

I bought my 180 at an auction in the spring. everything worked but the 3pt. it would lift just very weak.

so I used it to cut hay for the summer and tore it apart a week or so ago. I found the filter had been loose on the hydraulic pump and it sucked some crud in. so I bought a new pump. the new pump comes in and I get it in the tractor and tried to put the top cover ont he transmission tonight. next to where the stand pipe goes in there is some sort of relief valve on the new pump. On my old pump there isn't a relief valve anywhere that I can find. Does this mean I could cap it off since there could be a relief valve somewhere in the rest of the hydraulics? Im slightly angered by this because It is alot of work and aggravation to pull the tractor apart and take the pump out.

Let me know what you guys think. I did the whole thing with no repair manual and It wasn't that hard. Id like to get the tractor back together as soon as possible because I need to cut one more field and my 35 won't run the haybine.

Thanks,
Kody