MF65 hydralics

/ MF65 hydralics #1  

58mf65

Tractor
1958 MF 65
I have seen a few post on here about this but I am having a little trouble understanding what I am wanting to do with this. 1958 MF65. it has a front loader that works off of a unit hooked up to the rear PTO spline. The loader has a hydraulic control valve on it that I use to move the bucket and arms. I would like to be able to use the rear PTO for other things and not have to unhook the loader. I am going to post pictures with this. Can I move the supply line from the rear unit to the thing under my seat. and if so which hole do i hook it upto. what about the big return line. can I just cap it. the control unit on the loader has a return line also.

Attachments

• mf65 hydralics 1.jpg
    mf65 hydralics 1.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • mf65 hydralics 2.jpg
    mf65 hydralics 2.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • mf65 hydralics 3.jpg
    mf65 hydralics 3.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 1,129
   / MF65 hydralics #2  
You have more than sufficient hyd on your tractor, just run a hose from the tractor pump to the IN port of your FEL valve and connect the PB or OUT hose to the input to the 3pt.

Hydraulics:
Capacity: 8 gal [30.3 L]
Pressure: 2500 psi [172.4 bar]
Pump flow: 4.76 gpm [18.0 lpm]

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 65 tractor information

/ MF65 hydralics
You have more than sufficient hyd on your tractor, just run a hose from the tractor pump to the IN port of your FEL valve and connect the PB or OUT hose to the input to the 3pt.

Hydraulics:
Capacity: 8 gal [30.3 L]
Pressure: 2500 psi [172.4 bar]
Pump flow: 4.76 gpm [18.0 lpm]

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 65 tractor information

OK is the FEL valve the one on the loader? the tractor pump the one under the seat, and if so which hole do I hook to there are many? I just replaced the brake pads and had to change the hydraulic fluid 8 gallons. but the loader also carries its own fluid in the frame of the loader.

when you say hook the out hose to the input of the 3pt I am not sure on that I am trying to get rid of the 3pt hook up pump.

/ MF65 hydralics #4  
I am not sure what all you have there. but the tractor came with a hyd pump and a 3pt system.

Is that equipment still there.

Maybe the previous owner got the loader and pump as a pkg, and install it that way.

If you still have the hyd pump and it is still good and running normally, then the pump is supplying hyd fluid to the 3pt as regular tractor operation.

Let us know if your tractor hyd pump is working.

According to Tractor Data, you have enough GPM and 2500 psi to run a loader.

/ MF65 hydralics
I am not sure what all you have there. but the tractor came with a hyd pump and a 3pt system.

Is that equipment still there.

Maybe the previous owner got the loader and pump as a pkg, and install it that way.

If you still have the hyd pump and it is still good and running normally, then the pump is supplying hyd fluid to the 3pt as regular tractor operation.

Let us know if your tractor hyd pump is working.

According to Tractor Data, you have enough GPM and 2500 psi to run a loader.

all 3 things in pictures work. I guess my problem is the names of everything. I am guessing the thing under my seat is the 3pt pump. is there a spot on it to hook a supply line to and then run that line to the controller on the front loader.

/ MF65 hydralics #6  
I don't know the specifics on your tractor, but in general, you would run a hose from the hyd pump OUT port to the FEL valve IN port, and then run a hose from the PB to the 3pt port. The OUT port will go to tank.

If your hyd plumbing is internal, then you will have to look in your manual and find the correct ports.

Your hyd tank/reservoir is about 8 gal, so you do not need the reservoir in the loader arm.

After changing the FEL system to use tractor hyd, and after cycling all the cyl, then replenish the hyd fluid in the reservoir.

If that loader valve does not have PB, and you want to keep it installed, then you would use the OUT port on the loader valve to feed the 3pt. Not recommend, but it is what it is.

You can get a new joystick loader valve for about $248, with float and regen.

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

/ MF65 hydralics
I don't know the specifics on your tractor, but in general, you would run a hose from the hyd pump OUT port to the FEL valve IN port, and then run a hose from the PB to the 3pt port. The OUT port will go to tank.

If your hyd plumbing is internal, then you will have to look in your manual and find the correct ports.

Your hyd tank/reservoir is about 8 gal, so you do not need the reservoir in the loader arm.

After changing the FEL system to use tractor hyd, and after cycling all the cyl, then replenish the hyd fluid in the reservoir.

If that loader valve does not have PB, and you want to keep it installed, then you would use the OUT port on the loader valve to feed the 3pt. Not recommend, but it is what it is.

You can get a new joystick loader valve for about $248, with float and regen.

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

Ok been a little busy and still do not have this completed. In the first picture that is the hydralic pump for the 3pt. it works. my question is where on the pump under my seat can I hook up lines to the 2nd picture which is the control valve for the loader. that would enable me to get rid of third picture which is a pump mounted to the pto shaft.

I have a service manual but it only tells me how to rebuild the 3pt pump not where i can hook up to it. I think this should be as easy as unhooking the supply and return line from the PTO pump. and connecting them to the pump under my seat.

/ MF65 hydralics #8  
I do not see a hyd pump in the above first picture, however it could be internal, you tell me.

Do you have an external hyd pump other than the PTO pump?

Show a picture of the pump output if available.

Do you have a parts manual, or owners manual?

This might be what your pump looks like.

Attachments

• 14e9_1.jpg
    14e9_1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Massey50opPDf-.jpg
    Massey50opPDf-.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5,114
Last edited:
   / MF65 hydralics
the pto pump under your seat is a Gresen TB-** vane pump, (the next numbers are the gpm's at 1200 (?) rpms)

http://www.maxxhyd.com/PumpsGresen.pdf

Check out page 177

Pump Tc-24 Gresen 24 Gal @1200Rpm Counterclockwise

is another view at a marine outlet, they use these for different purposes

so is that underneath the panel under the seat? when I look at that panel I see a lot of people hook up control valves on the right hand side. I do not need a control valve and I will have to use the fluid in the arms of the loader or change the lines all together as the bucket tilt lines just hook into the arms and do not come from the control valve.