JD 4600 hydraulics problem

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem #1  

jimfitz

Tractor
JD 4600
loader lift has gotten progressively worse. Studdering or just stops altogether. I can feel studdering in the steering as well. I changed the fluid and filter, but still having problems. Any ideas whats going on?

Last edited:
   / JD 4600 hydraulics problem #2  
How about hyd fluid level.

Any air in the hyd tank?

Have you taken any pressure readings?

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem #3  
loader lift has gotten progressively worse. Studdering or just stops altogether. I can feel studdering in the steering as well. I changed the fluid and filter, but still having problems. Any ideas whats going on?

Did you clean the suction screen when you changed the fluid and filter?

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem
fluid level looks good. Should I look through the fill hole to check for air bubble? I have not checked pressure....

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem
I didnt check the screen as the parts counter at my dealership told me there wasnt a screen. According to the manual it sure looks like there is one...Hopefully I can save most of that new oil when I drain it again....

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem #6  
I once got a bad filter for my 4610. Its same filter as 4600. Is it a JD filter the bad one I got came for carquest (worked at a car parts manufacturing place once we had GM, Ford, NAPA, Carquest, Ect....same line many boxes) Only JD filters from now on. Make sure its not dented or that lines leading to it are not bent or cracked.

/ JD 4600 hydraulics problem #7  
I didnt check the screen as the parts counter at my dealership told me there wasnt a screen. According to the manual it sure looks like there is one...Hopefully I can save most of that new oil when I drain it again....

Part #10 is the screen:

4600.gif