Fitting seal

/ Fitting seal #1  

ENG18LT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5530 4wd
Quick question. A couple fittings I am using have NPT threads, regular pipe dope? Is there something better? I know NOT to use tape.

/ Fitting seal #2  
I like the Loctite PST 592

/ Fitting seal #3  
Made for hydraulics

Loctite® Fast Cure 5452™ Thread Sealant
Loctite® Fast Cure 5452™ Thread Sealant is ideal for sealing the fine threads of hydraulic and pneumatic connectors. Like other Loctite® brand anaerobic sealants, this product seals and secures metal pipes and fittings, filling the space between the threads and curing to eliminate leak paths. The thixotropic nature of 5452™ is suitable for large diameter pipes and will seal on mating surfaces of flare style fittings – filling scratches and surface imperfections. This product is also useful with dry seal fittings, such as O-ring boss style connectors, by preventing the rotation that ultimately leads to leakage. After assembly, this product cures considerably faster than traditional anaerobic thread sealants. It does not contain any filler or particles that could contaminate system fluids, foul valves, or clog fine filters and screens.

Applications Include:
• Hydraulic and pneumatic fittings
• Dry seal fittings or O-ring boss style connectors
• Large diameter pipes
• Flare style fittings

/ Fitting seal #5  
Hello, J.J.
Where can Loctite 5452 be purchased? I've checked around here in Southern NH but haven't found
that particular product yet, other than on-line. The local Auto-zone and Advanced Auto Parts don't
seem to carry it.

Best Regards from Candia, NH

/ Fitting seal #6  
I have only seen it on line also.

Anybody that carries Loctite should be able to order some for you.