Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 3320

Default installing DR 3ph log splitter on JD 3320

New used 3320, with new operator.

Installed DR logsplitter and connected to rear fittings using male npt fittings from tractor supply. JD dealer closed over weekend.

JD 3320 manual says to lock 3 rd SCV forward to allow free flow to rear connections. fluids are full, but no action on splitter.
    any ideas?

thanks
    lindy

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: installing DR 3ph log splitter on JD 3320

Lindy, can you hear fluid going through your DR splitter valve? You should be able to hear it and also feel it. Also, what does the tractor's engine sound like when you move the 3rd SCV remote valve forward. Do you hear the engine load up as the valve is moved and then come back to full speed as fluid flows through the DR valve? If your quick connects are seated properly/fully you should only hear the engine load up for just an instant as you engage the remote valve if you move it slowly. If the engine loads up and stays loaded plus the relief valve lifts, it's an indication that the fluid is not flowing through your DR valve or maybe the quick connects aren't proper. Do you have an indent to keep the SCV at the forward position or do you have to bungee it in that position so it won't return to the middle? Of course, when you start splitting wood, you should hear your engine load up as you move the splitter into your log.

The only thing that normally happens with 3PH splitters is that you can get the hoses reversed so that it retracts when you go to extend and vice-versa. Swapping the hoses at the quick connects solves that problem or you can go to the SCV valve and move it from forward to reverse to change the flow. Your choice.
    Jim

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 3320

Jim, thanks for the response
    I cannot hear or feel anything going through the hoses. The SCV locks in the open position so no need to bungee cord. The engine does not load up. I think you are right, i that i have the wrong valve connects. I did talk to the JD guy in NH yesterday, and I will see him Saturday morning I will post my results. thanks for your reply i appreciate it.
    Lindy

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 3320

Spent several hours on the phone with DR. They did not give good advice. Then I went to JD dealer and they did not give good advice. Then did what any guy would do and started trying everything. What finally moved the ram on the splitter was wedging a block on th scv on the splitter to keep the valve open, and then using the 3 scv in the tractor. This moved the ram. Now I can buggy the 3 scv open and use the splitter scv as designed. Thanks for the input. Lindy

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 3320

Bungie 3scv