J/D5100 bucket curls slow?

/ J/D5100 bucket curls slow? #1  

mikenmichele

Tractor
J/D 4100
Hi! I have a 2001 5100 tractor and seems like Im having some issues with the bucket curling up slow and making a straining noise. All the other positions are fine and labor free although I do have issues going uphill in high gear and when there is a heavy load in the bucket the power steering doesn't work good and is hard to turn. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

/ J/D5100 bucket curls slow? #2  
Check filters, screens, fluid level, and reset all your QD's.

Install a hyd gage in the hyd system and take some readings.

If you read relief pressure before the cyl is fully extended or fully retracted, a QD is probably the cause.

Last edited:
   / J/D5100 bucket curls slow?
Thanks for the reply!! Whats a qd and how is it reset? LOL Im pretty mechanical but never heard that term?

/ J/D5100 bucket curls slow? #4  
Thanks for the reply!! Whats a qd and how is it reset? LOL Im pretty mechanical but never heard that term?

Hello, a QD is a abridgement of quick disconnect. Resetting them, means disconnect it, and connect it again.

I hope I could help you.
Wilco

OH...LOL Ya that was easy!!

LOL yea that was easy. I did uncouple all 4 of them and reattached but no better. Am I to do something different than just disconnect and reconnect?

/ J/D5100 bucket curls slow? #8  
Don't forget to NOT leave the 3PH lever in the "UP" position......that'll make things not work also

/ J/D5100 bucket curls slow? #9  
Are you saying that the lift cyl's work fine.

yes everything else works good other than power steering when bucket is fully loaded or Im carrying something heavy, bucket curls slow is only issue up there, now high range not doing so good up hills though...lool