Hydraulic hose cold protection, is it needed?

/ Hydraulic hose cold protection, is it needed? #1  

kioti pup

Tractor
2011 Dk45se HST
Hello I live in Montana where its not unusual for the winter weather to reach -40, is it okay to leave my attachment with hydraulic hoses outside and exposed to the cold? If not what should I do to protect it? Thanks! :confused:

/ Hydraulic hose cold protection, is it needed? #2  
You don't need to protect it unless it is rubbing on something or too close to something hot. I would just try to get the oil warm before you push things too hard. The cold oil will add lots of backpressure. ISZ

/ Hydraulic hose cold protection, is it needed? #3  
Raising and maintaining the 3PH control lever (while engine warming up) to the top extreme will help warm up the hyd oil......the oil will be blowing over relief at the 3PH and add some heat

/ Hydraulic hose cold protection, is it needed? #4  
If you absolutely need cold weather hose, Gate has hose with a temp range of -70 to 212 degrees and anything in between.

Product Advisor

This hose is just one of them.

Product ID

Part #

4G2L X50FT, 85732

Product Description

85732 4G2L X50FT

UPC

Category Hierarchy

Automotive Hydraulics -> Hydraulic Hose -> Global G2L PolarFlexョ Hose - SAE 100R2 Type S/AT

Product Images

Product Features

Application
Recommended For High-pressure hydraulic oil lines. Meets or exceeds the requirements of SAE 100R2, ISO1436 2SN R2 and EN 853 2SN. Qualified to Mil-DTL-13531 Type II Class B.

Use High Pressure

Construction
Cover Black, oil and abrasion resistant, thin synthetic rubber (Neoprene - Type A). See Hose Stock Characteristics.

Reinforcement Two braids of high-tensile steel wire.

Tube Black, oil resistant, synthetic rubber (Nitrile - Type C). See Hose Stock Characteristics.

Packaging
Customer Pack 1.0

Packaging T Click here to view Packaging Codes
Standard Pack 1

Specifications
Hose I.D. (in) 1/4

Hose O.D. (in) .59

Minimum Bend Radius (in) 4.0

Temperature
Temperature Range -70ーF to +212ーF (-57ーC to +100ーC). For water emulsions see Temperature Limits Table.

Weight
Weight (Lbs.) 12.93

Working Pressure
Max. Working Pressure 5800

Min. Burst Pressure (psi) 23200